LOGIN | REGISTER

picked up a new sled yesterday...

& i have to say, i am pretty damn stoked on it! i've got a really good feeling about this one...feels so right under my arm & in my hands; i'm sure it's going to feel exceptional under my feet! 6'0"x20 1/4"x2 5/8" "trash picker" as brian wynn calls his take on this type of board. i think this is going to be the "90%" board that i've been looking for...a board i can just grab & ride 90% & it'll suit the conditions.

apologies for the crappy phone pics...tough to get a good shot w/ the way my apartment is laid out. aesthetically, i love the look the red fins give the board. really stands out. it's a very clean, simple design & look.
    gonna start off w/ a 6" center & see how that holds, but i'm thinking i'll probably end up running a 6.5" in it, like i've done in most other bonzers i've owned.
    so rare for me to pick up a board & there be waves soon after; i may have to just say "to hell w/ it" in regards to the bronchitis i've been battling this week & paddle out regardless!

Sweet ride.I'm thinking the Salt water is going to help the bronchitis. Good luck with that baby.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Sweet ride.I'm thinking the Salt water is going to help the bronchitis. Good luck with that baby.
    thanks! w/ a 6" & a 6.5" fin & this board, i might have my "what board do i bring on the honeymoon" issue sorted!

oh yea, glassing is 6x4 deck, single 4 bottom & sanded gloss. simple, strong, & built to last. no 10 session deck cave-ins here!

Sweet board man.

One of the sickest boards I've seen in a while! Nice sir.

Looks really sweet! What's your height and weight? I'm looking to get a similar type of board shaped and (probably a bit smaller) and just wanted a comparison.

Nice! Just picked up my own version of a 90% board yesterday from Rick at Gallery Surfboards.
    Standard Deviation with a squash tail -- 5'6 x 19 3/4 x 2 7/16.
    Artwork to match the colors we used for our new daughters nursery, which Rick did an excellent job with.
    Can't wait to put it in the water.
    Last edited by brek; Mar 25, 2013 at 03:38 AM.

That looks so sick dude... I love that feeling

Quote Originally Posted by forman View Post
    Looks really sweet! What's your height and weight? I'm looking to get a similar type of board shaped and (probably a bit smaller) and just wanted a comparison.
    i'm 6'0" & currently 203lbs, but dropping another 15-20lbs over the next few months. i tend to like a bit more volume to my boards

brek, that thing is rad too! color work on the deck makes it look a lot bigger than it actually is!