LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just a little news

Nothing exciting, just a dude punching a tiger shark in the face

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/10...ct-three-sons/

Images
    Volcom Stone #forlyfe.jpg

I reckon his little fellers must be proud of their Pa. I like that he's concerned about getting them back in the water.

As an aside, man, Volcom is really blowing up. Aysyms, shark knockouts, Volcom is the new Quik.

I had a Volcom hat in my youth, early 90's. Got it b/c they were somehow affiliated with Pennywise. Everyone used to ask, is that Viacom(the movie company)? Wish I still had that hat, to prove how core I was at an early age.
    Last edited by seldom seen; Oct 22, 2014 at 03:52 PM.

The agency also issued a reminder: “Again, please follow the strong warnings not to enter the ocean for any reason when the water is brown or murky.”

If we heeded this advice on the left coast, we'd never surf...

Nice! He went all Shredmachine on that shark!

Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    The agency also issued a reminder: “Again, please follow the strong warnings not to enter the ocean for any reason when the water is brown or murky.”

If we heeded this advice on the left coast, we'd never surf...
    HA HA HA, I thought the same thing! Their uppidty sharks aren't used to a little dirt!

Images
    Sharks don't like volcom either.

From a link in the article: 100 Years of shark attack victims

Last edited by goosemagoo; Oct 22, 2014 at 04:04 PM. Reason: make the image clickable

Images
    But on the real, that dude went straight OG. Great story, especially since everyone was safe.

Still, the two best shark stories I have heard to date: The guy in OZ. He was out surfing and a girl a few yards away started getting attacked by a shark. I think it grabbed her board and was shaking it. Witnesses say an Aussie man just jumped into the water, basically tried to strattle the thing and just started landing hay-makers all over the thing until it swam away....

Then there was the guy (Florida I think) that witnesses a bullshark take his 10 year old sons arm off right at the shoulder. The guy ran into the water, tackled the shark, hauled it into the beach. The cut the shark open, took the kids arm out of the belly and sewed it back on the kid an hour later. And the kids arms works somewhat well and is intact....

This story is a pretty close third. Kind of reminiscent of the scene from the Bethany Hamilton movie, but no one lost an arm. It is literally, like the exact same scenario, swimming the kids in..... I mean, can you imagine the thoughts go through the two guys heads as they swam in with a pissed off 14 ft Tiger behind them.... Probably the fastest swim in the history of swimming.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Then there was the guy (Florida I think) that witnesses a bullshark take his 10 year old sons arm off right at the shoulder. The guy ran into the water, tackled the shark, hauled it into the beach. The cut the shark open, took the kids arm out of the belly and sewed it back on the kid an hour later. And the kids arms works somewhat well and is intact....
    Is that true?

Images
    If Zach619 says it happened, it certainly happened =)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...vered-arm.html