LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

In Hatteras - $$$ for helping me

On thursday my friend and i are coming to stay in cape hatteras but since we are 17 we cant check into a campground.
    We shall pay $$$cash$$$ to anyone who would let us either sleep in our car on your property or check us into a campground site.
    Still finishing the transition from groms to adults and we need this trip to work so it would just be so chill if anyone would do this for us.
    We understand its risky, but for any waves at all its worth it to us.
    -shoot me an email if you can help me out
    jherbkersman@gmail.com

If you & your friend see a guy named 'Wayne' trotting your way, take cover.

Images
    love the attitude. make it work boys! hopefully i can get down there tomorrow or wednesday

just go to cape hatteras national sea shore campground. Last time I stayed there we drove up, just picked a site, filled out a card, and stuck it in the drop box. If the ranger comes around looking for an adult tell him your dad is out on a charter boat or your parents or out on a date or something. Just be low key and don't act like unsupervised kids... and you will be A.O.K. Worst case you get kicked out, right?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    If you & your friend see a guy named 'Wayne' trotting your way, take cover.
    Ha! "You guys want some free boards, come check em out I have em back here in my trunk". No more advice needed, listen what ^ these guys said, I just had to throw that in there...make it happen fellers.

Sleep in your car in the Walmart parking lot in Kitty Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    Sleep in your car in the Walmart parking lot in Kitty Hawk
    Better yet, find a futon inside Walmart and curl up for a while

Dawn, don't one up my idea, I want the loot! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    Dawn, don't one up my idea, I want the loot! LOL
    My bad, as you were...

What part of the Banks are you planning on visiting. I'm sure a couple of the private campgrounds around Buxton would be happy to have you under a couple conditions.

Best thing to do is try to meet them face-to-face. Make sure you all give firm handshakes, smiling and looking the folks in the eye. Basically you want your first impression on them to be "Young Men" and not "kids." It goes a really long way.

I like Island Hide-A-Way in Buxton. It's super close to the Orange Blossom for excellent breakfast, coffee and lunch. Plus the dude that owns the campground lives in the house at the front and is really chill. The tent areas are all the way at the back of the property. Good thing in Spring you don't have to worry too much about ticks, but bring some bug spray containing at least 10% DEET just in case.

Have fun.