LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Surfing Munich

Anybody ever try something like this?

river surfing

It's a big thing in Montreal on the St. Lawrence. Special boards etc. Have not tried, I cross the bridge and keep heading E.

I saw a few years ago a special on this kid who grew up in Munich surfing that thing and made it or almost made the ASP would tour. Pretty amazing how far drive and determination can take you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua boy View Post
    I saw a few years ago a special on this kid who grew up in Munich surfing that thing and made it or almost made the ASP would tour. Pretty amazing how far drive and determination can take you.
    That's pretty cool, if anything he had a ton of fun

Images
    The Amazon wave is still the most amazing of this kind... But I did see this Munich wave in a surf movie years ago... It was about the kid who almost made the tour... I forget which movie it was though, a pretty major one if I remember...

Images
    Geeze that looks dangerous. I always thought river surfing looked fun, but in the dark with water moving that fast? No thanks.

The Amazon wave is much different then the Munich wave, it's a tidal bore. Movie is called - My Story (Marlon Lipke).