LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Costa. Fly into Liberia, and bypass Tamarindo, place is a dump. I would stay a few nights at Hotel Playa Negra. Great restaurant, cool little bungalows to stay in, and 2-3 other quality places to eat in "town". World class surf right out front. Can do canopy tours, ziplining, waterfall tours, horseback riding, etc... Go up to Avellenas for the day, she can sit at Lola's or explore the rivermount area while you surf (its a 10 minute drive from negra).

Then go down to Nosara for a few days. Never been, but apparantly there is more of a town/social scene there, and it isn't as dirty as Tamarindo. Waves still fun there too. good luck, i take my fiance there every year and she loves it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SHREDSLED View Post
    CR is definitely a contender, went there with her before we were married and had a blast, plenty of good waves and also other fun stuff. Have been to SoCal too many times.

mitchel, that waves looks insane. What is the name of the hotel?
    This is the hotel webpage...i recommend it - for a surf trip. Nice family run place, good food, pretty surroundings, friendly staff, inexpensive. With all that said its not a place where i would take my wife.

http://www.elhotelmiraflores.com/

Here's what the wave looks like from the beach

Last edited by mitchell; Mar 28, 2013 at 07:47 PM.

http://www.elhotelmiraflores.com/ For the spot mitchell posted. It is great quality for El Salvadorian standards, would be a dive by american standards. El Salvador is slight culture shock whereas costa rica is quite americanized and better if she's not the adventurous type

Stop posting picture's Mitchell........you are making me want to book plane tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Went to El Salvador this time a year ago. 8 straight days of HH to overhead perfection. The place we stayed was within a 5 minute walk of a really amazing right hand cobblestone point that pretty much just kept firing all day with maybe a few hours in the mid afternoon where the on-shores became a factor. I kind of have to agree with the guy above...I'm not sure how much there is to do down there for a non-surfing wife, but if she likes hanging out in perfect weather by a pool overlooking epic waves, consider it, because you wont find better waves.

The view from the hotel:
    was this a picture you took when you were there? if so, you are one lucky man. that is absolutely insane. that is what dreams are made of.

Images
    I did shoot that, and i swear i could have shot this same picture every morning....for hours on end. Crazy.

7. Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    this place is awesome for breakfast after morning surf! $5 desayuno tipico's. i also talked to some guys staying there too they said its very nice, updated, modern. we are about 5 min across the highway. if your looking to wake up and walk out your door and surf, this is certainly an option. pura vida!

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    I did shoot that, and i swear i could have shot this same picture every morning....for hours on end. Crazy.
    that is unreal man. that picture is like something that wavehunters sends out every couple of months advertising some epic tropical getaway.... but when you actually get there, its head high and clean, but not all time like the picture they show you to get you to book the trip. well you just sold me on my next out of country surf trip. when did you go?

Images
    I can attest to that. I've shown pictures to people from our trip and they always ask to see the pictures I/we took. I tell them those are the pictures we took! Looking back at it now I can't believe by the 6th day I was just hanging back and watching that every morning like it was a normal event.

I recommend Nosara, Costa Rica. I travel down there regularly with my wife and she is not really into the surfing thing. The area is totally chill and you can you can easily get a DP session and evening session while still spending some quality time with the wife. Lots of other activities besides surfing (yoga, horseback riding, zipline, hanging at pool, etc). Some hotels to check out are Harbor Reef, or Harmony Hotel (little pricey, but cool). If your wife has any interest in surfing, a good instructor is Pureline Surf. Very consistent surf and easy drive from Liberia.