LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Yeah I had one of them in the mid 80's wife approves... went to Cosat Rica for a month. Both sides with the boyzz salsa brave and all. 25 years later.. what matters more ??? I'm divorced 5 years ago . Take what you can get now mate ! Love your children because surfing and marriage don't mix. All the guys I see in PR every winter... maybe you will be lucky 1 in a 100 .. If I could do it all over again marriage is a crock of scheitza.. and in NJ getting the big D suxs even worse. But you only live once so surf your brains out
    Last edited by marksharky; Mar 28, 2013 at 11:21 PM.

Another one for nosara. Its a mellow town with good restaurants and consistsant waves. The dirt roads still give it that rustic feel and the locals are great. Been going there for 15 yrs with the wife. Clean safe soft sand beaches with lots of cool shells keep her busy while I'm in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by SJerzSrfr View Post
    was this a picture you took when you were there? if so, you are one lucky man. that is absolutely insane. that is what dreams are made of.
    Here's another view... I stayed at Las Flores, which is down below, directly in front of the break. This place is epic! Shhhhh... don't tell anyone!

Jan-Oct_2011 594.jpg

Thanks. Will check out Nosara. Have some work to do...

Quote Originally Posted by derickson178 View Post
    I recommend Nosara, Costa Rica. I travel down there regularly with my wife and she is not really into the surfing thing. The area is totally chill and you can you can easily get a DP session and evening session while still spending some quality time with the wife. Lots of other activities besides surfing (yoga, horseback riding, zipline, hanging at pool, etc). Some hotels to check out are Harbor Reef, or Harmony Hotel (little pricey, but cool). If your wife has any interest in surfing, a good instructor is Pureline Surf. Very consistent surf and easy drive from Liberia.
    Have you done coaching with the guys at Pureline? How was it? I did a 4-day video coaching clinic with a school in Brasil a couple years ago, pointed out some bad habits and allowed me to make a significant jump in my surfing ability. Not cheap but worth it and would consider doing something similar again.

santa teresa, CR.

to the guys that have surfed las flores, what are the crowds like and what time of year you guys go?

Best part about CR is exploring. The whole Nicoya peninsula has lots of offer, but another +1 for Nosara -- especially if she's not into surfing. Also, May is the beginning of the rainy season so July is likely to be wetter. It's usually only afternoon/evening showers but still worth thinking about.

I stayed in those dumpy concrete barracks right on the wave at Flores when I was there. 10$ for me and my wife. SUPER basic but they have a fridge full of beer and the family is super nice and they cook up some insane food. Much more of a local vibe. SICK waves. Zunzal has indeed changed a lot. The last time I was there was three years ago. There are some extremely nice hotels for under 20$ a night and a nice traveler scene there with some great restaurants. Your wife would really like Posada Luna. Its right on the river with a nice pool and good people. There is also Horizontes in El Zonte. The cool thing about Zonte and Tunco is you can be at a few other spots in 10 minutes. Las Flores is really remote. The town it is next to is pretty depressing and it was one of the hardest hit areas during the civil war that lasted over a decade. All of the advice about CR is true, but everyone does that...adventure time?

they have commodius rooms!!! : http://lunasurfingelsalvador.com/ingles.htm

Flores can get crowded as hell these days and there isn't much of a take off point. Just hope there isn't a crew of 20 brazileros there when you are there. And of course.....El Mango!
    Last edited by ukelelesurf; Mar 29, 2013 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marksharky View Post
    Yeah I had one of them in the mid 80's wife approves... went to Cosat Rica for a month. Both sides with the boyzz salsa brave and all. 25 years later.. what matters more ??? I'm divorced 5 years ago . Take what you can get now mate ! Love your children because surfing and marriage don't mix. All the guys I see in PR every winter... maybe you will be lucky 1 in a 100 .. If I could do it all over again marriage is a crock of scheitza.. and in NJ getting the big D suxs even worse. But you only live once so surf your brains out
    Bro I agree 100% been having great trips since my divorce 5yrs ago! You only live once but why the F@ck did we get married in the 1st place. ugh... live and learn and the young guys r still gettting married and ruining what would be some awesome yrs of thier lives. I am stoked on being divorced and in my 40's.. I have got great trips ahead of me and life is good!!