close ad [x]

Any body paddling out at folly next wedsnesday april 24th

i was just wondering if anybody will be at the washout next thursday
    Last edited by seanm45; Mar 29, 2013 at 11:42 PM.

or thursday

Images
    I plan on hitting up folly at some point next week. To far to call which day it'll be right now.

I may paddle out but not till September 19th and only between 10:23 am and 1:17 pm.

Images
    Im confused, you mean April 3rd or 4th? Looks like HH+ swell hitting SC next Thursday. I probably wont go up to folly, but HHI at this point is supposed to clean up a bit in mid morning as the tide starts filling back in.... If the weather holds up a bit, its should be a fun day.... 5-7ft swell at 7-8 seconds... Nothing to write home about, but all of SC should have a wave if all continues on the way its looking. fingers crossed.

i meant wednesday but the swell got better for thursday

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Im confused, you mean April 3rd or 4th? Looks like HH+ swell hitting SC next Thursday. I probably wont go up to folly, but HHI at this point is supposed to clean up a bit in mid morning as the tide starts filling back in.... If the weather holds up a bit, its should be a fun day.... 5-7ft swell at 7-8 seconds... Nothing to write home about, but all of SC should have a wave if all continues on the way its looking. fingers crossed.
    That will change 6 times before Thursday. The models always over intensify the weather systems 5-7 days out, especially fast moving NE'sters and low Ps. Give it another 3 days and you will have a better idea of what you can expect.

Give it another 4 days and it will be flat except between 12:30-52 and just after dark.

(Just so you all know, early Spring is the most difficult weather to predict)

Images
    The swell is still looking like 4-6ft in the afternoon as the tide comes up, but there is weather/rain concerns with 35 winds with onshore flow.... And while swell predictions come and go around here like crazy, the most inaccurate part of the surf forecasts that I have seen here are wind predictions... Most early morning sessions I have scored here were predicted the night before to be upwards of 15-20 mile an hour onshore, and when I get to the beach its sheet glass and like varable 2-3MPH wind... I am usually pleasantly surprised.

Like last Sunday, the forecast was saying onshore flow all day with rain, and i timed it perfect, as soon as the storm passed heading north east, the wind switched offshore and i got perfect conditions for 2 hours before everyone else showed up... It was nice... Im hoping we can get some of that same action on Thursday or Friday.

Place this code at the end of your tag: