LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mal Pais Surf Camp is the bomb and just down the road a little bit. Da Monkey is a little bar in town that we had a great time at. Also, there is a restraunt right on the beach across from Frankie's Place that was fantastic.

We own a hotel in the area, and we post this blog about the area and the local restaurants.

Sorry don't usually post here because I don't want to upset people, but I get no kick back from this businesses.

http://blog.bluesurfsanctuary.com

Quote Originally Posted by bensurfn View Post
    Going to Santa Teresa this summer, wondering if anybody knows about any good restaurants or just some fun things to do there. And also, how's the surf?
    Been there a few times now. I prefer Mal Pais over ST but both places are great! As for dinner the best restaurant (and reasonable) is in Mal Pais. Hotel Ritmo. Italian guy married a local Tica great food and plenty to fill you after a long day in the water. Jonathan the bartender to make a killer Mojito.

I'm jealous...but enjoy!

A great place to eat is Las Pierdas..look for guys wearing shirts that say, "its the sh!t" its an Argentinian grill. Just down the road is an Israeli place and as always the bakery is awesome....lots of great food in the area. This time of year it does get big and close out at the beach breaks as previously mentioned, you can get an idea by checking out www.malpaisurfcam.com I think the camera is at a break called La Lara near Hermosa but it is a good indicator. Have fun and if you rent boards go to Jobbies.

I was down in Santa Theresa in November. One thing to note is that it can get pretty dusty if you're staying around the main dirt road thoroughfare through town (if you're planning to rent an ATV, bring some ski goggles), though late summer is the wet season so there should be fewer people, less dust and better deals to be had. When it gets overhead and the beach breaks start to close out, there's a great left point break called Sunset Reef down at the end of the road in Mal Pais where the fishermen launch from. You can enjoy a session there and then pickup some fresh fish for peanuts direct from the fisherman to grill up later. +1 on Las Piedras for their whole grilled chicken with Chimichurri.

Quote Originally Posted by warpedale View Post
    I was down in Santa Theresa in November. One thing to note is that it can get pretty dusty if you're staying around the main dirt road thoroughfare through town (if you're planning to rent an ATV, bring some ski goggles), though late summer is the wet season so there should be fewer people, less dust and better deals to be had. When it gets overhead and the beach breaks start to close out, there's a great left point break called Sunset Reef down at the end of the road in Mal Pais where the fishermen launch from. You can enjoy a session there and then pickup some fresh fish for peanuts direct from the fisherman to grill up later. +1 on Las Piedras for their whole grilled chicken with Chimichurri.
    November is definately the best time of year to go, before it gets nuts down there. Luckily they refuse to pave the road from Cobano so it hopefully will remain relatively quiet. You are right though about the dust, it is bad, last year they didnt have much of a rainy season so the roads were dry in November/ December, wound up buying a pair of goggles at the super ronnie, that by the time the month was up were just trashed. Hopefully this year will be a light rainy season as I go every year at different times trying to decide weather or not to move permanently and Im going in October during what is supposed to be the worst of the rain...but that time of the year seems to be the only time when Mar Azul breaks and is empty.