LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Im having a hard time picturing where these temporary jetties are going to be put. does anyone know enough to mark up this photo ruggles?
    point1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Im having a hard time picturing where these temporary jetties are going to be put. does anyone know enough to mark up this photo ruggles?
    point1.jpg
    That's a good lookin piece of land / water right there

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I contribute to the SurfRider foundation. They have a lot of administrative overhead, but I figure who else represents surfers' interests on a national level. This isn't going to be a popular sentiment, but I'm not sure I like the idea of money I've donated going to support an effort to help save a wave that has a terrible reputation for localism. I don't want a prime surf spot to be destroyed, but if Ruggles gets saved through a national effort, or even an East Coast centric effort, shouldn't the vibe change to be more welcoming? I ask this as someone who lives someplace that's considered a "surf destination".

Not that I'm headed East to surf anytime soon, too cold for me.
    I think that's a fair point, and I would hope that if the spot was saved that the vibe would be a bit more welcoming, at the very least out of gratitude that it actually still exists. I've personally never surfed there, I'm usually in the South County to Pt Judith area...I've talked w/ ppl in the water who claim to have had bad vibes there, only heresay, but take it for what it's worth.

@Fitz- don't know the place well enough to pinpoint where the proposed jetties will be, but it seems like they'll be in the worst possible places in terms of impacting the break.
    Last edited by seldom seen; Apr 3, 2013 at 03:09 PM.

Images
    damn just read the surfline article. good luck RI guys. from the looks of this you're gonna need it. Is there anyway the rest of us can do anything besdes calling our local surfrider chapters to help support them?

Images
    S*** just got real. This sucks.

Class warfare BS and emotional arguments aren't productive and will make your job harder. it sounds like there is a good alternative so pursue that rationally.

Its crazy how life goes in a circle..Went there to surf awhile back and got some really bad vibe worst session ever..hmmm wonder if i should sign this petition?

I went and surfed there with one friend in March a few years ago. Some prick keyed my car while I was in the water. I presume for having Jersey tags, because there was no incident to speak of. It was awesome to surf such a renowned East Coast wave, but the vibe was laughable. Stinkeye from miserable locals riding boards that would better suit MUCH bigger waves. Karma?
    Still don't want to see this kind of thing happen anywhere though. Best of luck in stopping the push of the almighty dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by bungalowparkbob View Post
    I went and surfed there with one friend in March a few years ago. Some prick keyed my car while I was in the water. I presume for having Jersey tags, because there was no incident to speak of. It was awesome to surf such a renowned East Coast wave, but the vibe was laughable. Stinkeye from miserable locals riding boards that would better suit MUCH bigger waves. Karma?
    Still don't want to see this kind of thing happen anywhere though. Best of luck in stopping the push of the almighty dollar.
    you don't fck with another man's car.... you just don't do it.

Images
    Yeah, that's bulls**t...plus I have automatic respect for anyone in northern waters in March.