LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Don't get me wrong, as a Californian/Texan I believe that anything up to the high tide mark should be public domain; but why should he? It's his property, rich or poor, I have the right to privacy and to evict trespassers. If it was a shack on the same acreage, would you feel the same way? What does his net worth have to do with it?

Slippery slope man.

One other thing, is it this individual who's screwin everybody over or is it the RIDOT and the City of Newton? I thought it was the last two? Seem to me this guy just doesn't want a public works project in his backyard, can't say that I blame him.
    High tide mark? In Hawaii. NO BEACHES ARE PRIVATE(I know this isn't sand beach, but same idea). This guys has a house in area that is public use area. He should understand that when he purchased ocean front property. How often have they asked this guy for access to his property to repair damage in the last 20 years? I suspect not often. Probably never. If it's the only way they fix the cliffwalk is by going through his property then that is what needs to be done.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Apr 3, 2013 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    High tide mark? In Hawaii. NO BEACHES ARE PRIVATE. This guys has a house in area that is public use area. He should understand that when he purchased ocean front property. How often have they asked this guy for access to his property to repair damage in the last 20 years? I suspect not often. Probably never. If it's the only way they fix the cliffwalk is by going through his property then that is what needs to be done.

technically through the powers of eminent domain, if the state or federal government really wanted they could confiscate his property and give him "fair market value" (never is) for it and start the project in the name of public safety.

Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    technically through the powers of eminent domain, if the state or federal government really wanted they cozuld confiscate his property and give him "fair market value" (never is) for it and start the project in the name of public safety.
    Thankfully eminent domain is not as easy as you make it out to be.

High tide mark? In Hawaii. NO BEACHES ARE PRIVATE(I know this isn't sand beach, but same idea). This guys has a house in area that is public use area. He should understand that when he purchased ocean front property. How often have they asked this guy for access to his property to repair damage in the last 20 years? I suspect not often. Probably never. If it's the only way they fix the cliffwalk is by going through his property then that is what needs to be done.
    Should have said High Water Mark, I believe it's the same in all 3 places, but I don't make the laws. Cali and Texas don't have private beaches either, if RI does, that's their prerogative.

To answer your question, this guy in fact refused to let anyone access his land when repairs and maintenance were needed along cliff walk in 2005.

Images
    Ruggles is my favorite spot on the E.C. Hurricane Bill was insane. we need to save this east coast gem

Write letters to those two departments crmc and to department of transportation. Put the file number on. The letter and envelope. If they get a ton I mail it will make a difference. There are already attorneys and environmentalists organized so all people can do now is write letters. An injunction will be issued for these plans but Sid has all the other stuff organized really well. Please write letters the one guy posted all the right people to write to in another previous post. Thanks

no dont turn the ocean state into jersey!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquidneck View Post
    To answer your question, this guy in fact refused to let anyone access his land when repairs and maintenance were needed along cliff walk in 2005.
    There are other ways to do this job scaffolding ets without using the assholes property. Either way a jetty system
    Is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Aquidneck View Post
    so how did they do it then? Obviously they didnt use jetties.