LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Which part of your wetsuit wears first?

The ass seam of all of my wetsuits is always the first to go. No matter high I pull up my suit it always happens after a few months. I've gotten pretty good at repairing the taped seams but even that is temporary to some degree.

Which part of your suit wears first?

Quote Originally Posted by JReid View Post
    The ass seam of all of my wetsuits is always the first to go. No matter high I pull up my suit it always happens after a few months. I've gotten pretty good at repairing the taped seams but even that is temporary to some degree.

Which part of your suit wears first?
    Strange, I've had my spring suit for about 8 years, and my 3/2 full suit for almost 6 and never had to repair anything, you must be doing it wrong.

The crotch cause my junk is soooooo big!!!!

Sorry had to do it. But mine wear out at the top or bottom of the zipper on my back. I probably should get a chest zip to help this problem.

Images
    Zipper, shoulders and Knee. Depending on the design, the chest panels go quickly too from paddling around on the wax with your chest down... it does a number on it. Depending on how you duck dive, the knees can go out really quick too.... I terrorize wetsuits though, not sure... Probably not anymore now that im on the lake atlantic =)

for my hyper flex suit it has been the seams around the chest and the neck, not buying one from them again going back to rip curl or excel

Sounds like a bad case of swamp ass, son.

But in all seriousness, usually along the sides of the chest seem to be the first seams to go...What kind of wetsuit do you have? And, you say they're only lasting you a couple months? something doesn't sound right.
    Last edited by Koki Barrels; Apr 2, 2013 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    Sounds like a bad case of swamp ass, son.

But in all seriousness, usually along the sides of the chest seem to be the first seams to go...What kind of wetsuit do you have? And, you say they're only lasting you a couple months? something doesn't sound right.
    Billabong, O'Neill, and Patagonia suits primarily. Patagonia was nice enough to fix theirs.

But yeah pretty much three months and the seams breaks. I still use the suit, but at a point it starts to get really annoying.

It seems to come from sitting upright on my deck. I've asked around and no one can relate.

what size suits do you wear and what's your build? height/weight?

my excel around the ankles the tape on the seams lifted and I had to use aquaseal to settle them *****es back down in.. Very surprised as it is first season in the suit. But overall I'm toasty! in the ^654

Quote Originally Posted by marksharky View Post
    my excel around the ankles the tape on the seams lifted and I had to use aquaseal to settle them *****es back down in.. Very surprised as it is first season in the suit. But overall I'm toasty! in the ^654
    5'8 150 lbs usually a small or medium short depending on the brand