LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    My glove seams are starting to dry-rot and crack. Ripcurl 6 mil. f-bombs. Also, velcrow damage on my 3/2.

Images
    Right knee every time.

How do you take your suits off? Are you stepping all over it and pulling it like crazy? Are you changing in a glass and syringe filled parking lot?

How often do you surf? Do you take care of them? Rinse them after every sesh? How do you dry them? Do you hang them from the ass-seams on a sharp hook or something? Sounds like user-error rather than a manufacturing issue...especially if it's across brands.

I've had an excel drylock 3/2 and a patagonia r4 for two years now and expect both to last at least another 2-3, probably more for the patagonia, but I take really good care of my suits.

Quote Originally Posted by JReid View Post
    5'8 150 lbs usually a small or medium short depending on the brand
    do you rinse the suit in fresh water after every use?

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    do you rinse the suit in fresh water after every use?
    I think I take very good care of my suits. Carefully take them off at the beach in the warmer months or drive home and take it off in the shower during winter. I rinse it with warm water, shampoo every couple of weeks, and always hang to dry with a thick hanger or my hanger with the fan included.

I pretty much never miss a swell. So what's that, 1-3 times a week maybe?

The interior tape at the holes where the hands and feet are, they start detaching. Also, on the xcel xzips, the neck entrance has already ripped. 4 y/o suit though and still decent

Mine get butt leak too........ xcels. And upper chest on either side. But I get so much use and surf alot of all day sessions a few days a week if conditions allow it. I wash them every session and hang them nice. I always strip in the shower cuz sand in parking lots is a no no.

With good care a suit lasts me 2 yrs before it starts getting leaky n annoying. Im on my 4th xcel infiniti and they r great. Have a 6/5 infiniti and a 4/3 drylock and i love em. Wear em so much so they will be shot in a year or 2

Images
    I take mine off in the parking lot by stepping all over it. I need to get out of that urine smelling thing as fast as I can after the reason for wearing it has been satisfied.

Knee. Im fat and pop up slow...usually drag the left knee.

Images
    Right knee.