LOGIN | REGISTER

Where the heck is my old board?

Looking to relocate a board I sold on Craig's List in about 2010 in Virginia Beach area. Can't seem to find the person who bought it. Old emails are not helping.

I had moved out of the country and had my Dad sell it for me after I had moved. Now I'm back and would really like to get hold of that board.

If you happen to own this board, send me a shot of it to verify that you actually have it, and aren't just trolling.

It was a WRV Mike Daniel Fun Fish - Double Concave
    6'10" x 21 1/2" x 2 3/4"
    Serial is F72736.

Awesome board. It also had an old board bag with it. I figured the board bag is pretty much trashed by now.
    I figured it's worth a shot to ask.

IMG_5781.jpgIMG_5779_2.jpgIMG_5778.jpgIMG_5777.jpg
    Last edited by marsh64; Apr 3, 2013 at 05:14 AM.

Man, I truly wish you success in your quest.

But it's like old girlfriends....you can't go home again, so to speak. Once they're gone? Pretty tough to re-kindle the flame. We had our time. Always look forward.

Ok, maybe I'm reaching a bit. I hope you find your board though.

You sold it three years ago, and you think the bag is trashed? Imagine the shape the board is in if the person actually used it a ton! If it isn't broken I'm sure its dinged to hell and back.

My daily users look like all hell.

Yep, the chances of finding it are slim but I am sure the MD can shape me another one. Was on an old roster of WRV boards so that's not the only one of it's kind.

Hey man, I own the exact same board but it's blue and black, also shaped by Mike Daniels. Had it for about 6 years or so. Got some dings but overrall it's in good shape and still rides great. It's been my favorite board the last year, but i'm picking up a new Coil Flashback Fish by Mike Daniel's this Saturday. Basically same outline but scaled down to a 6'4" (the Coil FBF that is)
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Apr 3, 2013 at 07:51 PM.

Yep, Yankee, you're right. I think I found what I am looking for. No need to go back to the old girlfriend. There is a reason she's the "old girlfriend" I guess.

Besides, 10 years later, your memories of the old girlfriend are a whole lot better looking than the real thing, probably... (rode hard and put up wet.)

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Man, I truly wish you success in your quest.

But it's like old girlfriends....you can't go home again, so to speak. Once they're gone? Pretty tough to re-kindle the flame. We had our time. Always look forward.

Ok, maybe I'm reaching a bit. I hope you find your board though.

By now she is very loose

i'm looking for my old board too! a Nectar 5-10 Simon Anderson 'tri fin thruster'...if you got it i'm willing to trade my walkman to get it back.

i'm looking for my 1979-80 channel islands single fins shaped by al merrick.