LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

How many boards is too many boards?

I'm slowly expanding my quiver and I'm wondering how many boards people have in their own quiver.

Images
    My quiver is way oversized, mostly due to my habit of shaping boards and then not wanting to get rid of any. I have about 12 (five of which i shaped myself and can't stand to part with). I like them all, which is the problem: I'm constantly riding different boards, and sometimes feel like i dont ever really get one dialed in properly.

I have 8--I cycle through 5 of them...2 of them will likely cover everything we get on the EC and go to the beach with me about 90% of the time. The rest are specialty boards (step-up, super groveler, special boards I keep on "ice" for the future) or have a sentimental value. I think a solid 3 board quiver should be sufficient for anything the EC could throw at us (groveler, DD, step-up).

IMHO this is too many...

Quote Originally Posted by live4truth View Post
    I have 8--I cycle through 5 of them...2 of them will likely cover everything we get on the EC and go to the beach with me about 90% of the time. The rest are specialty boards (step-up, super groveler, special boards I keep on "ice" for the future) or have a sentimental value. I think a solid 3 board quiver should be sufficient for anything the EC could throw at us (groveler, DD, step-up).

IMHO this is too many...

See when you have tons of the same boards then you know its time to sell a few, none of these boards are designed for different waves, soooooooooooo I beleive "as being a world traveler" 7-10 boards is a good place to be. I'll post my quiver asap. consists of one shovel nose mini, one quad mini, a low rocker 5 10 short, high rocker, foiled out real hard, a couple step ups, and 3 guns. + the always needy and love my 10' log

Not possible to have too many...what I use...
    -1 set of churchhills for body surfing
    -6' foamie for shorebreak
    -9' LB and a 7' mini LB for ankle slappers
    -5'6 retro quad for 1-3 ft
    -5'8 Rocket fish for 2-4 ft
    -5'10 Rocket SB for 3-pretty much anything NOFLO throws my way
    -6'3 CI Black Beauty traveler or all time Florida
    What I own but never ride...
    -Booger (really just for use when I can't take a board somewhere)
    -7'0 single from the 1970s (too big for me..but its worth something... WRV offered a straight up trade for
    any board in the shop 10 years ago)
    -collection of 3 or 4 6' range beater SBs and hybrids...learners, loaners, or give away boards
    + a host of boards scattered across VA and NC which we established on a forum last year that I am a jerk for leaving at peoples houses over the last 14 years which may or may not still be mine
    Last edited by Stranded in Smithfield; Apr 7, 2013 at 02:28 AM.

I've got no use for more than 3 and I have one I stick to nearly all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    + a host of boards scattered across VA and NC which we established on a forum last year that I am a jerk for leaving at peoples houses over the last 14 years which may or may not still be mine
    I remember this thread and I'm angry at you for wasting my memory on this.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MonOcer View Post
    I remember this thread and I'm angry at you for wasting my memory on this.
    hahaha i think i read every single post in that thread

You can never have too many. Some boards that I almost sold or traded away I know rediscovered, they take on a new feel for you as your surfing progresses. Do most people hold on to their first board?

9 or 10 is just enough.

Quote Originally Posted by glassyandsunny View Post
    Do most people hold on to their first board?
    I still have mine after almost 17 years, it's beat to hell and will never see the water again most likely, but still got it.