LOGIN | REGISTER

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Exclamation Rhode Island Spots

    im going to URI next year and want to know where i should surf. Obviosuly Montanuk, Ruggs, and jusith are good but what other spots should i check cause i have no idea where gets good when, and which beaches take in swells the best. any advice would be great!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    984
    Images
    24
    Cool man, I was just at Matunuck and Gansett yesterday. I scored at Matunuck. I also entered an ESA comp. at Gansett. Waves were FIRING. Breaking on the outer bar and the barge was exposed from the low tide. About spots, I don't know your skill level, but Monahan's Dock is great when its on. Sometimes around the corner from Monahan's is Little Rincon, which breaks from almost the tip of Monahan's Dock all the way to almost the Coast Guard House. (Restaraunt). You named the rest of the spots. I can't really give you much info on when each spot is best. I'm hoping to go to URI also when I'm older. Ruggles is going to get destroyed though. Check it out on Surfline.

  3. dang i was at judith yesterday and it was just sloppy, how did matunuck look yesterday?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    herd of cats, usa
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by risurfer View Post
    cool man, i was just at matunuck and gansett yesterday. I scored at matunuck. I also entered an esa comp. At gansett. Waves were firing. Breaking on the outer bar and the barge was exposed from the low tide. About spots, i don't know your skill level, but monahan's dock is great when its on. Sometimes around the corner from monahan's is little rincon, which breaks from almost the tip of monahan's dock all the way to almost the coast guard house. (restaraunt). You named the rest of the spots. I can't really give you much info on when each spot is best. I'm hoping to go to uri also when i'm older. Ruggles is going to get destroyed though. Check it out on surfline.
    kidddd wtf

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    Cool man, I was just at Matunuck and Gansett yesterday. I scored at Matunuck. I also entered an ESA comp. at Gansett. Waves were FIRING. Breaking on the outer bar and the barge was exposed from the low tide. About spots, I don't know your skill level, but Monahan's Dock is great when its on. Sometimes around the corner from Monahan's is Little Rincon, which breaks from almost the tip of Monahan's Dock all the way to almost the Coast Guard House. (Restaraunt). You named the rest of the spots. I can't really give you much info on when each spot is best. I'm hoping to go to URI also when I'm older. Ruggles is going to get destroyed though. Check it out on Surfline.
    Knee to waist high mush = firing?

  6. #6
    Don't give people from connecticut a bad name by naming every spot in our state

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyPedro View Post
    Don't give people from connecticut a bad name by naming every spot in our state
    Yeah really....no reason for this at all. Let people figure it out for themselves.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Beyond The Wall
    Posts
    3,355
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Yeah really....no reason for this at all. Let people figure it out for themselves.
    +3 Thank you guys.