LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

winter wetsuit storage

Anyone got any tips on storing your winter suit so it doesn't get all dried out?

I feel like when I leave my suits hanging in my closet for awhile they get that dry and rough feel to them. I wash them real good at the end of each season but haven't figured out a better way to store them.

It's normal for your suit to feel that way after being in storage for a long period of time. Just make sure it's completely dry and not exposed to light when you put it away. I don't store mine on a hanger. It's best if you can let it lay flat, but I just lay it over a well-padded bar in a closet.

i dry it inside and out for about a week and then put it in a large Tupperware bin in the basement.

I usually leave it the last place I left it. I never saw much use in going crazy to store suits. Just my opinion

Mine stays hung up in shower of my 2nd bathroom, when I have company over and they stay in the 2nd bedroom I move it to the closet.

do you use a special hanger? I used to hang mine but they always got thin at the shoulders from the hanger.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    do you use a special hanger? I used to hang mine but they always got thin at the shoulders from the hanger.
    I never use a wire hanger, I always use the thickest plastic hanger I have (those big wooden ones work too). I haven't had any problems and my suits seem to last forever with regular useage.

it's all about conditioning it with piss and chest hair

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    it's all about conditioning it with piss and chest hair
    Throw in a little cat hair too for good measure. Collected in a non intrusive way of course. As far as the hanger, I just wrap a towel around a sturdy wooden hanger good to go.
    Last edited by seldom seen; Apr 8, 2013 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Throw in a little cat hair too for good measure. Collected in a non intrusive way of course. As far as the hanger, I just wrap a towel around a sturdy wooden hanger good to go.
    Yeah why not!