LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I use three or four thick plastic hangers and fold the suit through the hangers, so it's essentially hanging by the folded waist over several hangers to spread the weight. After a week or so hanging inside out and then another week hanging normally, to make sure it's good and dry, I fold and store it in a plastic storage bin out of the heat and light. Suits have stayed in pretty good condition doing this so far.

I rub in some baby powder before I put it away for the season. Too me it seems to keeps the neoprene nice and soft and wicks up any extra moisture. Might make it smell better too. Then I hang it on the hanger it came with till next season.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by krl0919 View Post
    I usually leave it the last place I left it. I never saw much use in going crazy to store suits. Just my opinion
    Pretty much this....surf, rinse in water, hang it up in the shade until dry, hang in closet for the summer. In 25 years of surfing year around, Ive never had issues storing wetsuits, never used wetsuit shampoo, baby powder, fan/hanger gadgets, or any of that stuff. I do avoid wire hangers, especially for the heavier suits.

Quote Originally Posted by dawnpatrol1187 View Post
    Then I hang it on the hanger it came with till next season.
    wow... the stingy surf shops around here dont EVEN throw in a hanger with my wetsuits. Cheap bastards...
    Last edited by mitchell; Apr 8, 2013 at 10:59 PM.

I put a piece of foam pipe insulation on the hanger. I take a piece that's about 18" long and cut a small hole in the center for the hook and tape the ends over the hanger out at the shoulder ends. works great

I have all that old wax buildup stripped off... then I have them creamed and buffed with a fine chamois.

I lay it on the spare bed last summer. But this year I taped some spongy material over three hangars to make one fat soft hangar. That's what I will use this summer.

Hang Pro they're 100% recycled ABS and made just for wet suits. it folds the wet suit in half. mine is two or three years old and looks new. i think flat would be the best if you have the space.
    Last edited by GreenFlash35; Apr 28, 2013 at 12:42 AM.

I usually leave it the last place I left it. I never saw much use in going crazy to store suits. Just my opinion
    & then we get posts about how "xxx" brand of wetsuits suck b/c they don't last, they stink up real quickly, etc...

+1. Usually that means it hangs in my garage all summer on a plastic hanger. I seem to be getting 3-5 years out of a wintersuit by basically doing nothing special to them at all.

Only thing I'm careful of is letting them sit in the sun....I don't do that.

Images
    Thick wooden hangers and in the closet.