LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trunks

Rocked a 3/2 on my log this weekend at Rockaway and was a little chilly but fine for the most part. Shortboard was a little colder. I had my 7 mm boots on and 5 mm gloves. My SUP friend tried to go out with no boots and gloves cause he lost his. No hood either. Paddled out and then paddled back in with numb feet.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeZnaty View Post
    whats in 12 days?
    HA HA HA, I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to ask... So outta the loop!

Funny stories!! I was just gettin everyone riled up. But the this weather is teasin us!!

Quote Originally Posted by darippah View Post
    The True men have shed their suits weeks ago here in NJ
    You must be a proud man

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    I will shed my suit in 12 days. Happy holidays.

The way things are going with water temps, you may want to have a couple extra celebratory sessions before heading out... I'll still be wearing my 4/3.

There's supposed to be an ESA comp that day at the access near Sandstone Surf Shop... thinking of entering, maybe I'll see you down there? You'll be the one with blue skin, right?

Trunking 42 degree water? Good luck with that. You'll pass out/delirium in 15-30 minutes from hypothermia and be dead in 30-60 minutes.(depending on body composition....fat people last longer)

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    There's supposed to be an ESA comp that day at the access near Sandstone Surf Shop... thinking of entering, maybe I'll see you down there? You'll be the one with blue skin, right?
    I'll actually be the one in the orange wetsuit and the white helmet.

I should be there. I will not be surfing in the competition, but I will be walking around with a tall brew. If the waves are worth the paddle, I'll be out just south of Sandstone. I'll be the one chiefing the waves - get it?

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    I'll actually be the one in the orange wetsuit and the white helmet.

I should be there. I will not be surfing in the competition, but I will be walking around with a tall brew. If the waves are worth the paddle, I'll be out just south of Sandstone. I'll be the one chiefing the waves - get it?
    Where can I pick up one of those cool orange suits?

Yeah it's a common misconception that because the air is warm, the water is too. An oversight that will result in severe "shrinkage".

Images
    &#$@. I dragged my brother in law out on Thursday when the swell filled in. It was about 3-5ft and the water temps were 61 down here on Hilton head, he had trunks and lasted about 25 minutes. The air was gloomy and around 60, but he certainly got an A for effort. Other the other guys in the lineup were calling him crazy.... He charged it though... I took my leash off just to make him feel a little better about the situation.

I witnessed a guy trunk it on a freak 75 degree day in March several years ago at Manasquan Inlet. He actually caught, like, three waves over a period of about 15 minutes. When he came his entire body's skin was redder than a lobster... like he had a horrible sunburn. What an idiot... his junk was probably inverted at that point. Ha!
    Last edited by LBCrew; Apr 9, 2013 at 06:07 PM.