close ad [x]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've been to both. El Salvador> Pro's: If you're driving, the roads are much nicer, basically all right hand point breaks, we found more non-surfing activities to do and slightly less crowded. Con's: A bit more agro in the line-up, sketchier characters outside the line-up (if you're halfway smart about it you should be alright), basically all right hand point breaks and a better chance of getting sick from polluted water. Nicaragua> Pro's: All day offshore's, mellower line-ups, a bit cleaner, almost 100% chance of getting barreled and we felt a little safer. Con's: Crowded line-ups, horrible roads, less non-surfing activities and jelly fish for days (at least when I was there)

For reference, in Nicaragua we stayed at Iguana Beach and surfed there most the time. I would highly recommend it. In El Salvador we stayed in El Zonte and surfed there plenty but also got out and sampled a lot of other waves.

If I had to choose between the two again I'd definitely lean towards Nicaragua.

http://www.elhotelmiraflores.com/

Great food, AC, they can hook you up with a taxi from the airport, and put you in touch with boats to run to punta mango. Half the price of the overpriced wavehunter's joint right on the point.

Place this code at the end of your tag: