Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hot Weather and Boards

During the work week, my fiberglass board will often be on the roof of my car all day. It won't fit inside the car. I may get in a sesh before work, lunchtime, or afterwards. I keep it a board bag that has a reflective, foil-like covering. Generally I try to park in the shade.
    This week's temps will be in the mid to upper 90s with heat factors over 100. Bag or no bag, I do not feel that a board should be left on top of the car under these conditions. Waxy mess aside, it can't be good for the board. Am I right? Besides, as much as I like to get in the water, it's been pretty flat out there.

Agree. I wonder if you're better off keeping it on top of car in shade with no board bag? That should be okay. If no one steals it.

Images
    Id guess, as with anything manufactured, constant extremme weather conditions either way are not very good for anything
    Last edited by your pier; Jul 6, 2016 at 11:46 AM.

Images
    That schit makes me so fkn nervous.

But then againe, I reckon I can't remember a time when I wasn't nervous.

Can't be good for it. delam? Anyway you can just store it somewhere in the office? Just keep it in the shower room at Dam Neck lol

Where I work the board would be stolen before it could even get warm, much less to hot haha.

But yeah, it's bad for the board. Parking in the shade will definitely help, but you should really take it inside. Is that an option at all? The people in my office have stereotyped me as a typical surfer from coming in so many mornings feet still sandy, board under arm. It doesn't help when I try to explain to the why I can't leave it strapped to the top of my car...

It really baffles me how these folks live so close to the ocean, but are so mystified by someone who regularly takes advantage of it.

Yeah don't do it, you'll regret it

Images
    #sexpartners

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Yeah don't do it, you'll regret it
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    #sexpartners
    Somehow that made sense.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Somehow that made sense.
    Wourd.