Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good Price for a Puddle Jumper?

Sorry for starting a semi-kooky thread, but my knowledge of the surf market isn't as good as some of yours. I've got the opportunity to buy a lightly used 6'2" Lost Puddle Jumper for $500, comes with fins, but no traction pad, leash or bag. Was more than I wanted to spend on my first groveler, but I've heard good things about this board, and is along the lines of what I wanted. What do y'all think, is that a good deal?

Maybe if you get some decent fins and a bag and a leash By decent fins I meen something that works for youAs long as you're stoked who gives a crap... it's all about if you think it's worth it

.02 cents

Images
    If it's in good condition - no dings

Look at the price of the surfbort new in a shop- (might be 550 to 600 new... Idk)

500 seems like a little too much- but I'm cheap

Try to talk him down to 400 - that would really be a good deal

Images
    would have to see pics...even though seller says "lightly used", it could have some delams or repairs on it.

If it's in excellent condition, $500 isn't bad. Then, the only issue might be it's 2 inches too long for your weight...but you're a relative beginner, so you probably wont even notice.

Well I can say this. I am a huge fan of the board and I ride the 6'2" so as far as the size goes, I think you are better off with more volume at your level than less. Brand new they go for 750 in the shops, if it is slightly used I guess you would have to see what condition it is in. I agree with the rest on this board, if you can get it for 400 GRAB IT. If not, then you could always offer to split the difference and buy it for 450. Its a great board and as long as there is no major problems with it and really is slightly used, you will be getting it for a good price.

Solid advice. It was a craigslist ad so I went and checked it out today, it is in very good shape, no repairs or areas that need repair. He bought it last October he said. He's asking 575 for it, I got him down to 525, Im pretty sure I could get it down to 500. 450 idk, but it's worth a try. I don't think I'm willing to spend more than 450, unless y'all think it's a really good deal I'd be passing up. I definitely want the board, I'd love to have it, but I also have discipline when it comes to how I spend my money since I don't have tons of it

Quote Originally Posted by GrantLee View Post
    Solid advice. It was a craigslist ad so I went and checked it out today, it is in very good shape, no repairs or areas that need repair. He bought it last October he said. He's asking 575 for it, I got him down to 525, Im pretty sure I could get it down to 500. 450 idk, but it's worth a try. I don't think I'm willing to spend more than 450, unless y'all think it's a really good deal I'd be passing up. I definitely want the board, I'd love to have it, but I also have discipline when it comes to how I spend my money since I don't have tons of it
    Did he clear the deck of wax when he showed it to you? You would be surprised what is hiding under wax on a board. Also like I said you can buy it new for 750 at the shops I have seen. From experience people will knock the price down $50 without even blinking an eye. 475 IS MUCH BETTER than paying 750 new. If it was me I would tell him the max you can go is 475 and leave it at that. He will probably come back and say 500 but stay firm on the 475. Will he let you take the board out for a spin? Doesnt hurt to ask. This way you will know if you really like it enough to spend the extra money on it. If he wont then stay firm at the 450-475 for the board. If he will then take it for a ride and let the experience guide you.

Images
    There is a minimum amount a good condition used board is worth maybe $275 and a max amount maybe $375. Doesnt matter if it looks perfect or not, i wouldnt pay over $375.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    There is a minimum amount a good condition used board is worth maybe $275 and a max amount maybe $375. Doesnt matter if it looks perfect or not, i wouldnt pay over $375.
    LOL I would have to disagree, the Puddle Jumper is one of the hottest small wave boards out there right now. Like it or not, they do hold their value for the time being. I would like to see anyone get one in like new condition for 375... Not gonna happen...