LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Will Allison

There, I trumped everyone. See y'all in the next thread!
    This.

Allison long boards are about as good as it gets on the east side.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Of course Mike Daniel for HPSB's.
    +1, i'm a bit bias though since I just got a new stick from him last week and have been riding his WRV FunFish for a while now too

Images
    Roy Stuart is DA MAN!!!

You can always tell a good shaper by the price of his boards.

Shaping's one thing and glassing a whole other; the right combo is worth $$ for sure.

In my experience Scott Busbey (In the Eye) Bob Yinger, Robert August and Joe Bark. I'll throw in DVG (Dave Van Ginkel) from Capetown too. (I ordered a board before going, picked it up a week after arrival, then wire transferred the cash when I got back home (a month later), not many shapers make you a board and let you walk out of the factory and surf it 10 mins later, without paying, usually the opposite.

If you go to Hatteras,look around and you'll see In The Eye Surfboards everywhere.You'll also see Scott Busbey, the shaper,surfer,shop co-owner with his wife,Carol, and Curtis Cromwell, the glasser. Scott will give you as much or as little help and time as you desire ordering a board from him. Quality, Performance, Honesty. All hand shaped, meaning he has a feel and an eye for shaping. The tools he uses are just that,it's his mind,eye,hands that shape In The Eye Surfboards, and everyone down there's riding them and ripping.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by catmaster2 View Post
    Jimmy Keith surfboards! a great shaper that is located in wilmington North Carolina.
    +1 ...love my Whiskey Fish.

Rascoe Hunt with Gale Force Glassing (GFG). Used to be the glasser for Tead Kearns until he moved to Hawaii... he started shaping and glassing his own boards. He likes to experiment with different shapes and can shape you a short board for under $500... check him out http://gfgsurfboards.com/

Dusty Rhodes longboards, classic noseriders built like a tank, last forever

+1 for Scott Busby. Lynn Shell and Redman (R.I.P.) too

Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    +1 for Scott Busby. Lynn Shell and Redman (R.I.P.) too
    2nd Lynn Shell... he was my neighbor growing up