LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is AI OK?

Cool is AI OK?

I know OC has gotting better since sandy and winter storms but has AI changed for the better or worse?

worse, sand bars are way out and its real deep

Nah man AI passed away in 2010.

Images
    Oh god is it bad. Had a friend check it during that big swell a few weeks back when OC was firing. He called and said it was virtually flat and even the sets were barely breaking on the bar.

it sucks dont bother

I literally laughed out loud reading this thread

Images
    ok - sounds great
    i will be there tomorrow

It's actually really good at only one spot: where the NPS has closed the beach due to the pumping piping plovers (those would be birds, not obese pale tourists from ... wherever obese pale tourists originate).

Yeah, it's pretty bad now...but it is going to really start working around late July. You should definitely plan on coming down around then..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    It's actually really good at only one spot: where the NPS has closed the beach due to the pumping piping plovers (those would be birds, not obese pale tourists from ... wherever obese pale tourists originate).
    Not sure if your kidding or not, but the beach is what is closed not the ocean. More than once, we have paddled a few hundred yards down the ocean to surf a sandbar that was really working better than elsewhere front of a section of the beach that was closed. The kind of peak you can see down there a half mile away just a-framing up outside while everywhere else is mushy. Rangers said afterwards as long as you dont go up on the sand, theres nothing wrong with it.

But yeah, AI seems pretty messed up lately.
    Last edited by mitchell; Apr 11, 2013 at 10:55 PM.