LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: summer board

Hybrid View

summer board

Want to add a new board to my quiver. Summer is coming up, want a board for the small weak summer waves in Florida. Want something that's easy to paddle and catches waves easy.
    Should I get a funshape board in the 7'-7'4" range or get a board like a mini simmons??

Florida? Maybe a MegaMind?

I'm biased though, I just had a great time on a FBF in some small waves.

I want one of these so bad, need to just pull the trigger:
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Apr 11, 2013 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Florida? Maybe a MegaMind?

I'm biased though, I just had a great time on a FBF in some small waves.

I want one of these so bad, need to just pull the trigger:
    That's a sweet looking board. Who makes it? Know the Dimensions of that board?

Quote Originally Posted by -EastCoastSurfer- View Post
    That's a sweet looking board. Who makes it? Know the Dimensions of that board?
    sufermag coil thread

5-5 x 22 x 2 3/8

1.16 ft.

They're from Florida. I'm addicted.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    sufermag coil thread

5-5 x 22 x 2 3/8

1.16 ft.

They're from Florida. I'm addicted.
    Hey Gaff, are you riding the FBF as a quad or tri? I'm about to get mine wet for the 1st time and wondering what others prefer. I've never ridden a quad but I got the option now so i'm curious what others have found after trying it both ways.

Images
    try checking out the firewire sweet potato. its fun in really small week stuff and will hold if it get a little bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by es-dot View Post
    try checking out the firewire sweet potato. its fun in really small week stuff and will hold if it get a little bigger.
    I just picked up a 5'3 FireWire Baked Potato and so far it is awesome. I am 6'1, I couldnt see myself on a 5'3 but I was surfing 2ft weak swell a few days back. Check out both the Sweet Potato and the Baked Potato. They are very similar but the baked is a little more performance based. Good luck man.

Not being familiar with where you surf, I can't recommend any particular board. But I will say I'm not a big "fun board" fan. I like to go either bigger, or smaller... a longboard, or a simmons/sweet potato type alternative shortboard... in the really small stuff. Funboards, IMHO, don't do anything well. Better off with a hybrid or egg in the mid-length range, or as I said, go for a longboard or alt shape.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    I will say I'm not a big "fun board" fan. I like to go either bigger, or smaller... a longboard, or a simmons/sweet potato type alternative shortboard... in the really small stuff. Funboards, IMHO, don't do anything well. Better off with a hybrid or egg in the mid-length range, or as I said, go for a longboard or alt shape.

bingo. "funboards" are watered down versions of hp longboards or midlength eggs. as LB said, go one direction or another & get either a full on heavy log/somewhat hp longboard...think takayama's In the Pink...or a super short simmons-type stub like a sweet potato or a bottom feeder.

Fish; short and thick