LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: summer board

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Florida? Maybe a MegaMind?

I'm biased though, I just had a great time on a FBF in some small waves.

I want one of these so bad, need to just pull the trigger:
    That's a sweet looking board. Who makes it? Know the Dimensions of that board?

Quote Originally Posted by -EastCoastSurfer- View Post
    That's a sweet looking board. Who makes it? Know the Dimensions of that board?
    sufermag coil thread

5-5 x 22 x 2 3/8

1.16 ft.

They're from Florida. I'm addicted.

I would take a look at a ....Lost Lazyboy or Couch Potato. Haven't ridden either, but both look like a lot of fun as a summer board.

Check out the RUSTY DWART its a really fun board and and you can go really small with it due to the high volume. It catches everything from knee high mush to couple feet overhead.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    sufermag coil thread

5-5 x 22 x 2 3/8

1.16 ft.

They're from Florida. I'm addicted.
    Hey Gaff, are you riding the FBF as a quad or tri? I'm about to get mine wet for the 1st time and wondering what others prefer. I've never ridden a quad but I got the option now so i'm curious what others have found after trying it both ways.

I like my Todd Sutz fun shape, but I have to admit it feels like a long board without the ability to truly walk the board. Turning kills your speed, so I think it works best in complete mush or steep barrels. I am excited to get my new custom built Performance Egg, as I would love to carve a little more. The only really positive side of the fun shape is that it is only 7'4" and can catch any wave a 9+ ft LB can. After I get adjusted to the Egg, I am sure the fun shape will only come out on really messy days. If I had to do it all over again, I would have just searched around until I found a decent used Allison or RC longboard.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I have to admit it feels like a long board without the ability to truly walk the board. Turning kills your speed, so I think it works best in complete mush or steep barrels...The only really positive side of the fun shape is that it is only 7'4" and can catch any wave a 9+ ft LB can.
    this just proves my (& many others) point about funboards...& i'm calling bull**** on the statement in bold. 2 fewer feet in waterline means there's no way that it will catch waves the same way my 9'6" log does. it might catch waves as well as a thinned out, rockered out hplb, but not a 23"+ wide, 3'+ heavy log.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    this just proves my (& many others) point about funboards...& i'm calling bull**** on the statement in bold. 2 fewer feet in waterline means there's no way that it will catch waves the same way my 9'6" log does. it might catch waves as well as a thinned out, rockered out hplb, but not a 23"+ wide, 3'+ heavy log.
    Meh, never had any issues in any size wave. The shorter board has really helped me learn faster. When I was just riding LB, I wasn't popping up fast and didn't really paddle as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Meh, never had any issues in any size wave. The shorter board has really helped me learn faster. When I was just riding LB, I wasn't popping up fast and didn't really paddle as fast.
    ...& this explains everything...

well njsurfer42, i think you're familiar with my surfboard design idea from the other thread. i think this is the best route to go for anyone wanting to take their surfing to the next level of gnar. it combines the two best sports of all time: surfing and razor scooting. Boom.