LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Great Whites Looooooove florida!

Another great white reeled in off florida.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...st-of-florida/

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Another great white reeled in off florida.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...st-of-florida/
    Sweet, i'll be paddilng out after work, can't wait!

Images
    Saw an article yesterday some kid caught a sizable mako right off the beach, at night.

That shark was caught about a mile offshore of the beach I frequently swim and bodysurf at. It was the front page story of the local paper today: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/bro...,7651668.story

From that article:
    A white shark attack would be "extremely remote," said Professor Mahmood Shivji, director of Nova Southeastern University's Guy Harvey Research Institute and Save Our Seas Shark Center. Humans are just not high on a shark's menu.

"If sharks wanted to eat people, you'd never be able to go in the ocean," Shivji said. "People would be killed every single day, and it doesn't happen."
    That's the way I look at it, too. And:
    Surfer Monroy said sharks won't stop her from getting gnarly at the beach.

"No shark will ever change my mind about surfing because it's a passion for me," she said.
    I agree. And if the South Florida wind chop/slop holds up I intend on catching a few waves later today...

**** that I say they're now becoming out of control. they are nowmex.jpg seen more on the east coast then the west. LET THE HUNT BEGIN!
    Last edited by meatloaf; Apr 11, 2013 at 03:24 PM.

ha5.jpg reeling them in at shore? obviously we let the seal population overload these waters on the east coast to have these beasts lurking in places like florida now

That water is at least 75 degrees. Toastier water temps than I what I assumed GWS preferred

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    That water is at least 75 degrees. Toastier water temps than I what I assumed GWS preferred
    And seals - not sure how much of a factor seals are south of OBX

Quote Originally Posted by meatloaf View Post
    LET THE HUNT BEGIN!
    I'd rather see the friggin piping plovers at Cape Point in Buxton hunted down. They interfere more with my enjoyment of the ocean and beach than sharks. 1000 meter clearance to the nests. Give me a break. I suppose they're starting to nest soon. Hey, maybe we can teach the sharks to eat them plovers instead

The seal population has nothing to do with it down in Florida... It does up in th NE, but down south they are just eating fish.

Quote Originally Posted by meatloaf View Post
    ha5.jpg reeling them in at shore? obviously we let the seal population overload these waters on the east coast to have these beasts lurking in places like florida now