LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i'm writing this kid off as a troll, then i come home from the gym, log on & see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ued-lMSNkow

i give up.

Images
    That s**t is lame...I'm personally tired of the influence of companies like red bull on "extreme sports"...w/ the exception of legitimate tow-ins on big waves/rescue situations, IMO if it has a motor it doesn't belong. I don't like the lumping of everything into that category either, tired of these vanilla ice motocross types.

That thing looks like it would be awesome for lakes and flat days.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    That s**t is lame...I'm personally tired of the influence of companies like red bull on "extreme sports"...w/ the exception of legitimate tow-ins on big waves/rescue situations, IMO if it has a motor it doesn't belong. I don't like the lumping of everything into that category either, tired of these vanilla ice motocross types.
    its not as bad as that jetpropelled surfboard that is designed to work in the lineup regular surfers inhabit. at least this is more like a jetski and can be used on flat surf days out in the water. But this jetski board in the video has no place in the lineup of a traditional surfers and should be shunned if one is using to that advantage. in my opinion.

Images
    Agreed, could be flat day fun, no place in the lineup, etc...I guess for me personally I love the simplicity of showing up at the beach w/ a board and wetsuit, no need for fuel, gadgets, fixing, etc, just the individual, the board, and the ocean...for me when it's flat I'll just swim or get a nice long hike in...different stokes for different folks tho.

I'd rather try that bungee skim thing someone posted yesterday for flat day fun.
    Last edited by seldom seen; Apr 12, 2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: elaboration

Images
    would work if you stood on the front of the board, and surfed backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    would work if you stood on the front of the board, and surfed backwards.
    my grasp of reality has just been turned upside down! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    my grasp of reality has just been turned upside down! lol.
    down is up; up is down.

Perhaps if we built a large wooden badger....

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    i'm writing this kid off as a troll, then i come home from the gym, log on & see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ued-lMSNkow

i give up.
    This is not surfing. I have to say it does look fun. Just don't call it surfing.