LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoked!

Images

Stoked!

Got down to OCMD this weekend and hadn't been down to surf since Noel. Damn, even though the waves were still small I dove right in and just started hollering cause of the cold water.....Oh and the only suit I got right now is a 2mm L/S springy. SO, THAT WAS COLD!!! But you know what?? I didnt even care one bit. I was just so definitely stoked to be out there and to be ridin some waves, even though they were small...and blown over to hell. But thats whatcha gotta do. NOW, next time dont worry about wether you should wear you 4/3 or 3/2, or golves , or a hood, just be glad you're out there when you want to go.

And I'm not excited about the pasty tourists and idiot seniorweekers either

Ouch. 2mm. Way tooooo cold for me.

That means that.....

the non winter surfers will start to plague the water. i have a feeling the next weekend swells are going to be packed

Images

Wink

not to far off going out in a 2 mm.

im going to assume you wernt generalizing all of us summer riders as kooks and douche***s

I am......

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by atmcracer View Post
    im going to assume you wernt generalizing all of us summer riders as kooks and douche***s
    No not really. I definitely ride every day in summer no matter what. I dont really care what the conditions are like the point of it is that I just love to ride. I prefer warm water but around here if you want it good, its probably gonna be cold. And the kooks are the ones who only surf when its convienent to them, who aren't stoked just to be out there whenever and whatever the conditions.
    I Am.
    Anyone else?

Images
    Ya, He is and so am I and everyone else on this site. "All torist are KOOKS." (GOD) If your a torist, don't talk on here. We'll end up making you cry. KOOK

A kook is a kook no matter where you live. if you are sensitive to that you probably ARE one. There are rippers from inland and local kooks and vise versa. being a summer only surfer/bber doesn't automatically make you a kook but it calls in question your dedication. To me there are 2 kinds of surfers: ones who do it because they think it makes them look cool and and those who do it because they love it. the VAST majority (but not all) of summer-only surfers/bbers fall into the first category.

The above only applies to those who can drive. if you can't it's pretty understandable that you won't get out much in the winter.
    Last edited by aka pumpmaster; Apr 30, 2008 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    A kook is a kook no matter where you live. if you are sensitive to that you probably ARE one. There are rippers from inland and local kooks and vise versa. being a summer only surfer/bber doesn't automatically make you a kook but it calls in question your dedication. To me there are 2 kinds of surfers: ones who do it because they think it makes them look cool and and those who do it because they love it. the VAST majority (but not all) of summer-only surfers/bbers fall into the first category.

The above only applies to those who can drive. if you can't it's pretty understandable that you won't get out much in the winter.
    I only do it because it makes me look cool

JK. I am in the water a lot more in the summer and love the warm water. I have off all summer, so I have a lot more free time. There are plenty of summer spots that are not crowded, you just need to know where to go. I dont always mind the kooks because I can just blow right by them although sometimes they are completely ignorant and endanger themselves and/or others. Last year I think I saw 2 or 3 locals get hit with surfboards from tourists. I think the one thing I hate is that all of the tourists seem to assume I am a tourist and that everyone else in the water is too. Really, they stick out like a sore thumb because I know the whole lineup.

AS LONG AS YOU RESPECT THE LINEUP YOU ARE NOT A KOOK. I dont mind it when a guy visits for the week or something and shares the lineup as long as they respect the basic surfing rules.

"if you are sensitive to that you probably ARE one."

And you better believe that there can be an "awful" "lot" of "sensitive" "ones" this time of year.