LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3/2 in jersey

3/2 in jersey

Looks like it's gonna be a warm day, and the water is about 46. Thinking about rocking a 3/2 with my 7mm booties and 5 mm gloves. 3 mm hood with the suit.

Anyone think I'll be too cold? Taking into account I'll be on a log so from my thighs up I'll be out of the water.

My problem is I only have a 3/2 and a 5/4/3. And when it's over 50 degrees I feel like I'm gona die of heat sitting in the lineup.

Anyone try going to a light suit on these warm days before? I did a lot of surfing this winter and I can not wait to shed some rubber.

edit: I'm going with it. I always put my suit half on before I leave in the morning. I just put it on and I forgot how light 3/2 suits really are. 1 thing is I know I'm gona be cold and my body is saying take it off. But on the other hand, my body is also telling me it barely feels like I'm wearing a suit. So for now it stays.

edit2: I b1tched out and put the winter suit on. Next time lol
    Last edited by ThatSlyB; Apr 1, 2013 at 02:19 PM.

Really depends how much time you spend in the water. If you get dunked quite often, or get hit by a lot of waves, then I'd say you're gonna get cold pretty fast. If you're simply floating in the line-up on a sunny day, then I guess you'd get by.

I've been using a 3/2 wit 5 mil boot gloves with the under shirt thing hoodie that goes under the suit since mid February you'll be fine unless it gets real windy that's the boner killer

Quote Originally Posted by Iloveswell View Post
    under shirt thing hoodie that goes under the suit
    No idea what you are talking about there lol.

Thanks for the replies guys I'm gona give it a shot. My 3/2 flushes a bit and with the detached hood I'm a little worried. I'll bring the big boy out just in case.
    Last edited by ThatSlyB; Apr 1, 2013 at 04:43 AM.

op here, thanks for the advice. I'll work on it the next few months to see if i can improve on getting the board to dive.

Quote Originally Posted by arby View Post
    op here, thanks for the advice. I'll work on it the next few months to see if i can improve on getting the board to dive.
    I think you're in the wrong thread. But good luck with the duck dive. Make sure the board is not too big to be duck dived with.

i wouldnt dream of it but then again i enjoy being warm. let us know how you made out

I didn't go through with it. Chickened out like a little girl when I looked at the ocean and put on the winter suit. Next weekend though I'm going to drop to the 3/2, the water should be nearing 50 by that time.

Coulda done the 4/3 today for sure.... I was overheating big time. Felt like my head was gonna have a nuclear meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Coulda done the 4/3 today for sure.... I was overheating big time. Felt like my head was gonna have a nuclear meltdown.
    Going underwater froze my face off though.