LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave Jet Review

Hybrid View

Wave Jet Review

I knew that title would get your attention.

So, I saw this 'review' of the Wave Jet (all 40 secs of it):
    http://www.wired.com/reviews/2011/07/wavejet/

And was wondering: has anyone even seen one of these operating in surf? Or better yet, anyone rode the Wave Jet? Are there any online reviews for it?

The only time I seem to 'see' the Wave Jet is in the ads with GMac on the thing.

Maybe I'll use some of my Social Security bennies & purchase a Wave Jet when I turn 68. Just to go out every single day in any blown out conditions. Until then, just curious as to where the technology took this in terms of performance.
    Last edited by yankee; Apr 14, 2013 at 08:02 PM.

ask greg long, he saw him last.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    I knew that title would get your attention.
    Ha! Totally!

I was like, "YANKEE?? WAVE JET REVIEW??... It must be armageddon!"

Images
    no matter how much it ruffles your surfing purity ethic, it's probably a lot of fun to ride. i'd jump on one in a heartbeat

Images
    It might be fun for what it is but it isnt surfing. Surfing is generating speed from the wave, without the motor pushing you that thing would sit there like a waterlogged soft top.

so ****ing gay

Wouldn't mind having that to cruise around the intercoastal. No way I would want to be seen on one in the surf.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Wouldn't mind having that to cruise around the intercoastal. No way I would want to be seen on one in the surf.
    I was kinda thinking the same thing, but the in the chesp bay. In between Norfolk and Hampton va is where biggazz freighters come in. They push up a hell of a swell, as big as 10 ft sometimes. in the '90s We had access to a 24' Annapolis sail boat with a 6' plankin jutting from the bow.. we'd hang out around the tunnel and when the ships come in we'd head right for them, with me on the plank. it was a sweet drop. After last years crappy wave count, I was thinking SUP and a john boat, but the 4000 for this would be cheaper.

I'd like an SUP wave jet to use for fishing.

Kahuna Kai - They sell a trolling motor that mounts in the scuppers of kayaks now.