Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave Jet Review

sofa king gay

Images
    I'm a rare bodyboarder.

It just seems so silly.

For injured surfers, they should be stoked and rightfully so, but that is if they could afford it.

http://wavejet.com/gallery/jason-mra...avejet-session

I can imagine a wealthy adult beginner will have trouble getting his wavejet longboard out on big days, when he's got 4 feet of whitewater flying into his face as he "jets" with 20 lbs of thrust straight into it. It seems scarier that way. Maybe I don't understand the physics, but still.

Images
    ^^^^^Two valid points, great for injured folks or those who wouldn't be able to experience riding a wave otherwise and, big wake up call for wealthy people who get in over their heads into conditions beyond their abilities. For us regular folks and rare bodyboarders, isn't actually catching the wave part of the fun?

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Sounds like a POS to me
    Point Of Sale?

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    ^^^^^Two valid points, great for injured folks or those who wouldn't be able to experience riding a wave otherwise and, big wake up call for wealthy people who get in over their heads into conditions beyond their abilities. For us regular folks and rare bodyboarders, isn't actually catching the wave part of the fun?
    +1 to all of this

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer View Post
    Maybe I don't understand the physics, but still.
    Hopefully Bill Cosby's Nephew will chime in on this because based on his recent posts, he's a physician.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Point Of Sale?
    Yeah, similar

wealthy adult beginner
    this is very dangerous misunderstanding. This thing is not for beginners. I tried to write that in the review.

It can easily get you out into lineup far beyond your level. You must be very comfortable with bigger waves with the normal longboard first before going with Jet.

Also it gives you only 20mins of power jet. Unless your session lasts 20 mins, you will have to paddle manually MOST of the time and save the battery, only using jet in difficult situations and to catch the bigger waves.

Quote Originally Posted by eurosurf View Post
    Also it gives you only 20mins of power jet. Unless your session lasts 20 mins, you will have to paddle manually MOST of the time and save the battery, only using jet in difficult situations and to catch the bigger waves.
    This is by far the best feature