LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Wave Jet Review

wealthy adult beginner
    this is very dangerous misunderstanding. This thing is not for beginners. I tried to write that in the review.

It can easily get you out into lineup far beyond your level. You must be very comfortable with bigger waves with the normal longboard first before going with Jet.

Also it gives you only 20mins of power jet. Unless your session lasts 20 mins, you will have to paddle manually MOST of the time and save the battery, only using jet in difficult situations and to catch the bigger waves.

Quote Originally Posted by eurosurf View Post
    Also it gives you only 20mins of power jet. Unless your session lasts 20 mins, you will have to paddle manually MOST of the time and save the battery, only using jet in difficult situations and to catch the bigger waves.
    This is by far the best feature

this is very dangerous misunderstanding. This thing is not for beginners. I tried to write that in the review.
    I tried to write that on my ceiling. But they didn't heed the warming.

Too much trolling here, get a life guys... For those who buy this, just make sure you are first comfortable with normal longboard in bigger waves before going with jets. And find a friend to carry it to the beach, it's really heavy. Good luck!

How long does it take a drained battery to fully charge?

I'm picturing somebody jetting out to the line up, catching a wave in. Battery dies, paddles back in. Charges wavejet in the car for 4 hours. Paddles back out. Repeat.

For those who buy this, just make sure you are first comfortable with normal longboard in bigger waves before going with jets.!
    If you are already comfortable with a normal longboard in bigger waves, wouldn't that by definition pretty much mean you don't need the jets in the first place?

Anyway, seems like the cons far outweigh the pros for 99% of surfers. Appreciate an actual review instead of the usual.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    How long does it take a drained battery to fully charge?

I'm picturing somebody jetting out to the line up, catching a wave in. Battery dies, paddles back in. Charges wavejet in the car for 4 hours. Paddles back out. Repeat.
    12V probably overnight on a slow trickle to full charge. What's in these?

the wavejet is for people like jesse billaur(the handicap guy who broke his back) and older people who still want to surf.i see nothing kookish about this.garret McNamara,one of the greatest big wave pioneers that ever lived,cory lopez,gerry lopez,and a few others.some people see the advantages,others see the cons.just like those floatation vests that blow up when u pull the cord.some can argue its for kooks whos afraid of big holddowns,others can argue its a life saving device.regardless it suits certain people.

pretty soon,im sure youll see guys like shane dorian dropping into 20ft by 40ft chopes on wavejets,and every little kook will be bumrushing their local shop in search of these

Images
    With the significantly added weight from the engine and drag from the holes on the bottom, 20 min isn't worth it. Still in prototype, imo.

you'd need 2 or 3 boards charging all the time to get a decent session even without the weight and drag issues. EXP!
    Last edited by waterbaby; Jul 4, 2013 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    This is by far the best feature
    haha...yeah