LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Wave Jet Review

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    If you are old and have problems paddling into a wave, just buy an SUP. I have seen guys that look to be almost 80 having success with SUPs. I also don't get your comment about east coast waves. Where do you love that you never get decent waves? Even SC sees fun clean surf at least once a week. It might not be big, but still east to ride.
    An old timer here ( he is 74 ), who still paddles out in well overhead waves, now uses a 7'8" SUP to paddle out with. When I asked him where his paddle was, he explained to me that after he hit 70, he had to relearn the art of surfing, and now "cheats" by paddling in with a small SUP. He says he gets plenty of waves, and even if it is not that maneuverable, it is still surfing.

HA HA HA, I wanna get one and just do figure 8's (laying down) in the line up while whistling. No arms in the water, just using the jet. They are only $4,445.00, get two!

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    An old timer here ( he is 74 ), who still paddles out in well overhead waves, now uses a 7'8" SUP to paddle out with. When I asked him where his paddle was, he explained to me that after he hit 70, he had to relearn the art of surfing, and now "cheats" by paddling in with a small SUP. He says he gets plenty of waves, and even if it is not that maneuverable, it is still surfing.
    A few guys I see out in my spot are probably mid 70's. They ride 10' logs and don't seem to have many issues.

metard read dis tread for mo SI history

Kahuna Kai - They sell a trolling motor that mounts in the scuppers of kayaks now.

Quote Originally Posted by eurosurf View Post
    Too much trolling here, get a life guys... For those who buy this, just make sure you are first comfortable with normal longboard in bigger waves before going with jets. And find a friend to carry it to the beach, it's really heavy. Good luck!
    Alright Mr 8 posts accusing everyone else of trolling. If I ever see a wave jet in the line up im calling the ass with it to the beach and breaking it. I dont know where you are from but if its in europe that goes twice for you so keep that hunk of crap over there with your bad teeth and fish n chips. Im ok with people with severe injuries and such but the old not so much theres plenty of geezers who paddle and rip if u downed too many twinkies, smoked one two many cigs and think its a free pass to put a motor on your board you are a tool.
    Last edited by NJ glide; Jul 13, 2014 at 07:45 PM.

Bro. His post you quoted is from over a year ago. Do you go to the mall and tell off the mannequins?

If a dude rolls up with one and has a legit physical limitation , he gets a pass. Outside of that .....I'm whizzin on the door handle and on the air intake! PS: I love asparagus!!

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Bro. His post you quoted is from over a year ago. Do you go to the mall and tell off the mannequins?
    Sorry emass, I don't look at the date and as i've admitted in the past I might as well be 10. Most of the time I read these threads backwards. Also I am not the one who dredged this up and put it on the top of the list. Sometimes I use SI as a healthy cheaper alternative to anger management. Occasionally I do test my mma skills on the mannequins, even though I get weird looks its a great way to blow off steam.

my wavejet runs off of 98 octane unleaded I have a quad barrel exhaust a 30 inch hemi with a dual carb.just enough firepower to catch a 23 footer off 18th ave