LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Wave Jet Review

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    If you are old and have problems paddling into a wave, just buy an SUP. I have seen guys that look to be almost 80 having success with SUPs. I also don't get your comment about east coast waves. Where do you love that you never get decent waves? Even SC sees fun clean surf at least once a week. It might not be big, but still east to ride.
    An old timer here ( he is 74 ), who still paddles out in well overhead waves, now uses a 7'8" SUP to paddle out with. When I asked him where his paddle was, he explained to me that after he hit 70, he had to relearn the art of surfing, and now "cheats" by paddling in with a small SUP. He says he gets plenty of waves, and even if it is not that maneuverable, it is still surfing.

HA HA HA, I wanna get one and just do figure 8's (laying down) in the line up while whistling. No arms in the water, just using the jet. They are only $4,445.00, get two!

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    An old timer here ( he is 74 ), who still paddles out in well overhead waves, now uses a 7'8" SUP to paddle out with. When I asked him where his paddle was, he explained to me that after he hit 70, he had to relearn the art of surfing, and now "cheats" by paddling in with a small SUP. He says he gets plenty of waves, and even if it is not that maneuverable, it is still surfing.
    A few guys I see out in my spot are probably mid 70's. They ride 10' logs and don't seem to have many issues.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eurosurf View Post
    then kite surfing is not a surfing because kite is helping you and on wind surfing the sail is helping you.. it's just different niche..
    Exactly.

It.

Aint.

Surfin.

metard read dis tread for mo SI history

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    I have no interest whatsoever in catching a wave smaller than I can catch on my log.
    But dude... We could go surfin and not even get our ankles wet. My hair could stay perfectly coiffed. Imagine the possibilities! Plus I could spend a year's rent at the same time! F-in A! Sign me up!

Kahuna Kai - They sell a trolling motor that mounts in the scuppers of kayaks now.

Images
    Got nothin against windsurfin, or kite surfin, or houseboat surfin, or wavejet. They just aint SURFIN. Call em sailin, or kite flyin, or whatever.

Aint surfin.

I guess my issue is one of terminology.

I do wonder though about catchin waves too small for a log. Geez. Just go swimmin.

Quote Originally Posted by eurosurf View Post
    Too much trolling here, get a life guys... For those who buy this, just make sure you are first comfortable with normal longboard in bigger waves before going with jets. And find a friend to carry it to the beach, it's really heavy. Good luck!
    Alright Mr 8 posts accusing everyone else of trolling. If I ever see a wave jet in the line up im calling the ass with it to the beach and breaking it. I dont know where you are from but if its in europe that goes twice for you so keep that hunk of crap over there with your bad teeth and fish n chips. Im ok with people with severe injuries and such but the old not so much theres plenty of geezers who paddle and rip if u downed too many twinkies, smoked one two many cigs and think its a free pass to put a motor on your board you are a tool.
    Last edited by NJ glide; Jul 13, 2014 at 06:45 PM.

Bro. His post you quoted is from over a year ago. Do you go to the mall and tell off the mannequins?