LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 347
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    ok im going to go reaaaal slow so you have a hope of understanding this, and don't think im putting words in your mouth.

    Your argument was that the IRISH were looked down upon and discriminated against until they banded together and changed this societal opinion by becoming productive members of society?

    IRISH are a RACIAL GROUP not a religion.

    you then go on to compare the struggle of the modern muslim who is a follower of a RELIGION not a RACIAL GROUP.

    The two aren't equatable. any questions?
    yeah, I do have a question.... how little do you know about muslims?

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by newenglandflatness View Post
    I'm not reiterating this many posts because you got called out on a dumb comment and don't want to acknowledge it. Go back and read. You seem to have gotten lost on my switching over to using Islam (the religion) instead of speaking directly about its adherents (Muslims). If it will make it easier for you, just switch that sentence from "To start, Islam is A RELIGION, not a race....." And replace it with "Muslims are followers of A RELIGION", not members of a race......"

    Although I freely admit then when I continued on the tract of using the term "race" to discuss the Irish after your initial post bringing it up, I should have been discussing "ethnicity"

    My statement discrediting your comparison was really only a small part of the argument posited in that post. You've ignored the remainder of it.
    god if only we could crack down on all these christians/caucasians. they're the same thing right mfittz?

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    yeah, I do have a question.... how little do you know about muslims?
    coming from a guy that doenst even know that a muslim practices islam, a lot more than you

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    the fact that you don't think muslims practice the religion of islam to start with
    Okay... you got to find that and point out where I said that. because I can't find it.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    coming from a guy that doenst even know that a muslim practices islam, a lot more than you
    really? where was that stated skippy?

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Okay... you got to find that and point out where I said that. because I can't find it.
    i already quoted it. read back. it said something about "to start i never mentioned islam"

    im over this man its like trying to explain the electoral college to a brain dead 1st grader

  7. #107
    ok, I can't believe I got suckered into this....

    Trevolution and Newenglandflatness you guys are completely clueless clowns.
    I suggest you guys go and get hooked on phonics. Then take a reading comprehension class.
    You guys are giving surfers a bad rap for cognitive abilities.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    ok to start I didnt mention Islam.

    there ya go bud. im out of class waves are firing, have fun wallowing in your ignorance with your muslim friends that don't practice islam

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    297
    Look, I don't feel like discussing this tiny facet of the conversation. We got lost when you offered the Irish example and I stated that Islam is a religion, not a race.

    My point is this: If the bomber happens to be Muslim, the Muslim-American population has absolutely zero responsibility to "get its act together" based on the actions of a few crazies who happen to adhere to a distorted version of Islam (as you like to call it, the Muslim faith). The responsibility lies with every single person to not make generalizations based on faith, ethnicity, religion, race, etc. While I'll grant that if the bomber were to be Muslim, it would certainly increase anti-Muslim sentiment in this country, that doesn't make it right. This is all I have stated.

    Again, even allowing your comparison to the Irish, THAT DOESN'T MAKE DISCRIMINATION RIGHT. Groups subject to bigotry must somehow "earn" their way out of the prejudice? As a society, I'd like to think we strive to not repeat our own errors.

    You're caught up on this Islam v. Muslim conversation and ignoring everything else.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    there ya go bud. im out of class waves are firing, have fun wallowing in your ignorance with your muslim friends that don't practice islam
    I understand you guys got lost when I said "muslim faith".... I'm sorry if you got lost on that. Next time I'll write as though my audience is ignorant. Okay, is that fair enough for you?