LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    As the original opener of the can-o-worms, I got this one. He's a Kiwi. Always wanted to go down there, but I'm still a pollywog.
    Wait a minute??!! Here is a guy from NZ *****ing about americans but at the same time hopes to get rich off those very same people......what's the word I'm looking for?????? oh yeah HYPOCRITE!!

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    I heard the news, early this morning so could have changed by now, that they are muslim.... and as it was pointed out, as a child might point out the sky is blue, muslims can be of any race.... so... I'd say if the news is right then it was guessed correctly.
    Chechnya is predominantly Muslim so it's likely that the brothers' family is Muslim and I knew that before I posted. But a guess of Muslim narrows it down to a 1/4 of the world population -- nearly 2 billion people. And that's the US billion not the awkward UK billion. A guess like that probably wouldn't have included many Muslims from Southeast Asia or Africa (or would it have?) so my question wasn't suggesting a guess of Muslim was incorrect, but asking if anyone had narrowed it down and guessed their ethnicity, which is probably as important as their religion.

Russia/Chechnya wasn't high on my list but that's been a volatile area for centuries. Although it seems as though at least one of the brothers was a US citizen and that they've been here for a decade, but never really understood or fit in with US culture. Time will tell how much their faith influenced their behavior.

I hope the younger brother is caught alive. I don't feel there will be justice* if he dies.

*EDIT: Or understanding. Justice is one thing, but if we don't learn the actual reasons why people are driven to do these things we're less likely to thwart similar behaviors.
    Last edited by viajerodevida; Apr 19, 2013 at 02:48 PM.

Your logic is as ill formed as your surfboards.
    Zing! hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by backside hack View Post
    another facebook tool. I always get a kick when men reference "facebook" waaaaaaaa :'(
    haha.
    http://gawker.com/5636765/
    Facebook is a breeding ground for morons and conspiracy theorists.

I saw an interview with a friend of the younger brother. He said they were "normal" and seemed very wel adjusted. He wrestled in high scool and got a scholarship to wresle in college... Said he went to parties, smoked weed and was friendly....
    I think the older brother became part of a "radical" group and recruited his brother..

I hope they catch him alive too. So he can give a reason why they did it. Then I hope they blow his arms and legs off and let him live for a year or two (with no pain killers). To feel a little of the pain he caused.. And then euthanize him like the animal he is.

Quote Originally Posted by viajerodevida View Post
    Chechnya is predominantly Muslim so it's likely that the brothers' family is Muslim and I knew that before I posted. But a guess of Muslim narrows it down to a 1/4 of the world population -- nearly 2 billion people. And that's the US billion not the awkward UK billion. A guess like that probably wouldn't have included many Muslims from Southeast Asia or Africa (or would it have?) so my question wasn't suggesting a guess of Muslim was incorrect, but asking if anyone had narrowed it down and guessed their ethnicity, which is probably as important as their religion.

Russia/Chechnya wasn't high on my list but that's been a volatile area for centuries. Although it seems as though at least one of the brothers was a US citizen and that they've been here for a decade, but never really understood or fit in with US culture. Time will tell how much their faith influenced their behavior.

I hope the younger brother is caught alive. I don't feel there will be justice* if he dies.

*EDIT: Or understanding. Justice is one thing, but if we don't learn the actual reasons why people are driven to do these things we're less likely to thwart similar behaviors.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    wait! what? ...nothing you say can be taken seriously anymore (not that it was before). I hope one day soon when you are riding straight in your kook day-glo wetsuit... that your 13ft "1.5 million dollar" turd board catches a rail, whacks you in the head, cracks your helmet, and knocks some sense into you.
    well put sir

Yeah, you're probably right. A 2009 quote I saw from the older brother was, "I don’t have a single American friend, I don’t understand them.” Chechnya and the Caucasus Mtns are such a messed up place right now that the bombings are going to give Putin a reason to crack down even harder (and that man's already ruthless) on the separatist movements as the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi approach.

There are links in some news stories to a Russian language social media page of one of the brothers. Expanding the comments and using Google to translate the page showed many recent posts from people in that area of the world who agreed with the bombing. Not everybody, but lots. Good times... good times...

In other news, we're all going to get a good shot of swell this weekend and next week... hope you all catch some bombs. Too soon?
    Last edited by viajerodevida; Apr 19, 2013 at 06:10 PM. Reason: younger brother didn't arrive recently... 2002 and 2004 for older bro

Hey MFitz. The killer was a Chechyneyananan MUSLIM. gonna start rioting now *****? or ya just gonna stereotype the whole muslim community passive aggressively throughout the course of your lifetime?

this whole situation in boston is like that movie shooter with marky mark. saw it last night, pretty weeeiiird

Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    Hey MFitz. The killer was a Chechyneyananan MUSLIM. gonna start rioting now *****? or ya just gonna stereotype the whole muslim community passive aggressively throughout the course of your lifetime?

this whole situation in boston is like that movie shooter with marky mark. saw it last night, pretty weeeiiird
    Hey Trevolution, you still think our gov't had something to do with this? you think your 6 months of digesting world events in college has been serving you well? give us your brand new college insights in 15 years from now... you'll casually forget how ignorant you were these days.
    Last edited by MFitz73; Apr 19, 2013 at 05:53 PM.

I've got the sollution to all the violence. We need to have a bench off! Each nation sends someone to bench for them. Winner take all. I vote to have Shredmachine rep USA! and Roy rep NZ.