LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 347
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    what if its discovered that yet another muslim has commited yet another act of terrorism on our land? keep saying that we need to come together as a community?.... The responsibility falls on the muslim american population to get its act together.
    beat me to it

  2. #62
    can't we all just get along? like these guys?
    http://www.wimp.com/orangutandog/

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In th dune
    Posts
    40
    hey geniuses, what if was a morman, a christian, a vegan, a republican........the responsibility falls on their group to get its act together?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    beat me to it
    What if it's discovered that another caucasian-american has committed a massacre on our land? Oklahoma City? Newtown? Aurora? Columbine? The responsibility falls on the INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP who committed this heinous act, as it did in other tragedies that have shocked this nation.

    And if it were to be another Muslim? That doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of Muslims in this country are ordinary people who would never commit such atrocities, and condemning them as a population is irresponsible. Countless leading Muslim-American groups have already spoken against these actions. Are you responsible for making sure that others in your demographic don't commit such acts? That's a lazy way to pass the buck on a nationwide epidemic of violence.

    Edited to acknowledge that this was potentially a group of people and not a single person.
    Last edited by newenglandflatness; Apr 16, 2013 at 07:34 PM.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Plover View Post
    hey geniuses, what if was a morman, a christian, a vegan, a republican........the responsibility falls on their group to get its act together?
    "beat me to it"

  6. #66
    Really logical... First, no one even knows if this was committed by a Muslim American so to even consider it a terrorist attack is wrong. And even if it was, it is ridiculous to ask for the cooperation of the Muslim-American communitty and tell them to step up considering 99.9% is just as American as anyone on here, and would never dream of doing something such as this. Do some research and find out how many civilians are dying in the Middle East at the hands of the United States. Not trying to degrade and hate on the United States, but theres alot more to the story

  7. #67
    Here's the first clue. It's a fat guy with a fez


  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by bungalowparkbob View Post
    I like to read about my fellow surfers' take on things. If you don't like it, don't read it...

    And Trevolution, was that Global Research link a joke? It made me laugh.
    what was so ridiculous about it. i dont think they were out of line, its not like they were spewing a buncha conspiracy crap like alex jones

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by newenglandflatness View Post
    What if it's discovered that another caucasian-american has committed a massacre on our land? Oklahoma City? Newtown? Aurora? Columbine? The responsibility falls on the INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP who committed this heinous act, as it did in other tragedies that have shocked this nation.

    And if it were to be another Muslim? That doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of Muslims in this country are ordinary people who would never commit such atrocities, and condemning them as a population is irresponsible. Countless leading Muslim-American groups have already spoken against these actions. Are you responsible for making sure that others in your demographic don't commit such acts? That's a lazy way to pass the buck on a nationwide epidemic of violence.

    Edited to acknowledge that this was potentially a group of people and not a single person.
    sure no one knows. that's why I said, if its discovered to be.... guessing I would say that it was either a white guy or someone of muslim faith.

    But to the point of the muslim american population better get its act together... as a society we exhibit group behaviour that is measurable accross different races. For example.... when the irish first came to america... they were confronted with racism. "irish need not apply" in every store window. they lived in slums. collectively a large number of irish became police officers and other civil servants.... all that prejudice sh$t came to an end and they became productive members of our society.
    The good and honest muslim americans are going to suffer as time goes on if muslims continue to carry out terror acts here in america. no matter whats going on abroad. There won't be any stopping the stereotyping that naturally occurs when repeated acts are carried out by people of the same race/religion. That's why the changes must be spearheaded from with in the muslim community.... or would you rather every muslim suffer under racial profiling?

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    sure no one knows. that's why I said, if its discovered to be.... guessing I would say that it was either a white guy or someone of muslim faith.

    But to the point of the muslim american population better get its act together... as a society we exhibit group behaviour that is measurable accross different races. For example.... when the irish first came to america... they were confronted with racism. "irish need not apply" in every store window. they lived in slums. collectively a large number of irish became police officers and other civil servants.... all that prejudice sh$t came to an end and they became productive members of our society.
    The good and honest muslim americans are going to suffer as time goes on if muslims continue to carry out terror acts here in america. no matter whats going on abroad. There won't be any stopping the stereotyping that naturally occurs when repeated acts are carried out by people of the same race/religion. That's why the changes must be spearheaded from with in the muslim community.... or would you rather every muslim suffer under racial profiling?
    god your ignorant man. your talking as if no muslim americans are productive social servants. The "muslims" as you characterize them are no more responsible for terrorist attacks then "christians" are for the atrocities the KKK commits.