LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chasing Mavericks

I watched it on on demand last night for the first time and thought it was a pretty good flick. It showed how tough you have to be to be a surfer rather than the stoned Spicoli stereotype portrayed by the mainstream media. Frosty was a good hardened vet and the kid showed some guts. The surfing scenes were pretty cool and especially the Mavericks shots. It had some of the typical teenage angst stuff, but his girlfriend and the Moms were hot.

We must be twins. I just watched it yesterday too. I got it off the internets a couple months ago and just remembered. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. Gerard the Spartan rips.

I agree. i saw it in theaters and it was much better then i expected. i felt like it kinda went under the radar a little and not many people even saw it.

agreed as well. just saw it this weekend. good flick and the surf scenes were actually done well, unlike most hollywood surfing scenes, where the wave is breaking to the right and in the middle of the shoot you see the guy shooting through the barrel going left. haha.

Enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure that I caught a glimpse of the Shredmachine but only when Mavericks was stuck at 23 footers.

Shredmachine can hold his breath for 9 minutes

I liked the surf scenes, but there was a little too much about the love story between a man and a boy.

Ok, just reserved this one from RedBox and will be watching it tonight. I put it off as long as I could, but ya'll seem to think it's a good flick so i'm going to give it a go.

Some of the wave footage is incredible. I especially loved the shot of the groundswell in beginning when young jay was "timing the waves"

Yeh! I just say it a few days ago. Defnately a must own surf movie. Seeing Steamer Lane reminds me when I ws surfing that incredible wave some years ago. What an arena. There was a little bit of the North Shore idea of super surfer master teaching the young one what it takes. And showing real footage and them surfing the actual breaks makes it. If only In Gods Hands wouldve done that with exception to the end when they're surfing Jaws and supposedly Todos.