LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yeah I liked it too, I just happened to end up having a short visit to Santa Cruz and Montarey for the first time, a few weeks after seeing it, now I want to see it again to check the steamer footage now that I have been there. I"m not sure if it's true that they paddled from SC to Monterey but that is no short distance.

Movie was terrible. I was rooting for it to be halfway decent. But it wasn't. I think the script supervisor was drunk... the story arc was ridiculous.

I saw this last night off the web and was pleased with it. I'll watch any movie out there even though I have no expectations for most. This was pretty good on all fronts and I'd consider it one to own. Can't go wrong with Elisabeth Shue. 48 at the time of filming and she's still slamming.

Saw it last night, pretty good IMO, i'm the first to say a movie sucks. Great footage, only wish there was more surfing and less talking.

not too bad at all. some great footage and the crappy plot didnt get too much in the way. but i do have to nominate the drug dealing "bad" rival surfer as one of the worst movie antagonists! bring back Laird as lance Burkhardt! now that was a surf villain

Images
    I actually thought it was well done. The cast wasn't as good as point break but I thought the plot was better. Gerard Butler beats Keanu in acting hands down.

Images
    GREAT MOVIE of a real story of a guy that I looked up to for his positive attitude among the normal surfer matcho/heater attitude...

the fugged up part is Jeff Clark was never mentioned. It's like a movie about the USA and not mentioning George.

blue crush is the best surf flick ever. hahha. well it is for getting chubbys

Quote Originally Posted by Yambo View Post
    I watched it on on demand last night for the first time and thought it was a pretty good flick. It showed how tough you have to be to be a surfer rather than the stoned Spicoli stereotype portrayed by the mainstream media. Frosty was a good hardened vet and the kid showed some guts. The surfing scenes were pretty cool and especially the Mavericks shots. It had some of the typical teenage angst stuff, but his girlfriend and the Moms were hot.

Quote Originally Posted by biff22 View Post
    Movie was terrible. I was rooting for it to be halfway decent. But it wasn't. I think the script supervisor was drunk... the story arc was ridiculous.
    http://www.boweryboogie.com/2012/07/...surfing-video/