Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Oahu end of September. Where is best to stay?

    Would you suggest staying North, South or West shore during my stay in Oahu end of this september? I;m confused on where it would be better to surf. Sites i've read say that summer and fall is flat on the north shore, however it might get relly good.
    I will have a car

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    4,834
    South side. if needed, drive north. It is a pleasant drive.
    Be a touron stay at the Outrigger. Buy a Hawaiian shirt. Attend a luau and dance like a native.
    Kook.
    Well, you did ask......

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cuda View Post
    South side. if needed, drive north. It is a pleasant drive.
    Be a touron stay at the Outrigger. Buy a Hawaiian shirt. Attend a luau and dance like a native.
    Kook.
    Well, you did ask......
    o barry

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    sea
    Posts
    3,627
    Quote Originally Posted by georgepal View Post
    Would you suggest staying North, South or West shore during my stay in Oahu end of this september? I;m confused on where it would be better to surf. Sites i've read say that summer and fall is flat on the north shore, however it might get relly good.
    I will have a car
    first off,its not the season to surf.wait til November and u will see the zoo of tourists.hawaiians are actually pretty cool,aslong as ur not a douche and be cool with them and accept to smoke their reefer they will let u crash on their floor.i think it would be better to act like a Canadian than American lol.for some reason they don't like us mainlanders

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BELMAR, NJ
    Posts
    3,159
    Images
    1
    If your a gonna stay on the south shore- where you'll get more waves in sept- stay at the ilikai - it's right near ala moana- great place to surf, you can literally walk right out of the hotel at dawn and paddle out while your wife is still asleep! Then you can get some good surf in and still all day with the family.

    Are you gonna travel with your sup? Arnt you the sup traveler?

    Why don't you reply and talk to us?

    You don't like us?

    What's your name?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BELMAR, NJ
    Posts
    3,159
    Images
    1
    It's pretty much flat on the north shore. You might get a good swell idk but your better off on the south shore.

    Listen to Barry- go to a luau. Buy a Hawaiian shirt. Do the tourist thing.. It's fun

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    If your a gonna stay on the south shore- where you'll get more waves in sept- stay at the ilikai - it's right near ala moana- great place to surf, you can literally walk right out of the hotel at dawn and paddle out while your wife is still asleep! Then you can get some good surf in and still all day with the family.

    Are you gonna travel with your sup? Arnt you the sup traveler?

    Why don't you reply and talk to us?

    You don't like us?

    What's your name?
    Yeah i'm a SUP traveller but dont think will take my board with me this time since i'm gonna change 4 planes in total and especially in the US airline companies are not really board friendly. They ask me to pay 150-200 USD each direction which is a high cost as you understand. Might buy a board from LA or Hawaii if there are any bargans.

    Thanks for your suggestions guys!

    PS I live in Greece, Europe

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    11,252
    Images
    6
    bargans

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    11,252
    Images
    6
    Abandonner

  10. #10
    Bargains ok now?