Recommendation for a 1-2 surf camp/surf school in Hawaii

I am headed to Hawaii next week. I have been looking to take a surf lesson and I would like to find someone who doesn't just cater to tourists. I've tried surfing once before on Waikiki, but I would like to learn more.

Most of the surf camps are a week long. I would love to find a 1 or 2 option. I am open to any island.

Can anyone recommend a surf school that might be able to do a 1-2 day lesson?

Quote Originally Posted by shesurfs View Post
    I am headed to Hawaii next week. I have been looking to take a surf lesson and I would like to find someone who doesn't just cater to tourists. I've tried surfing once before on Waikiki, but I would like to learn more.

Most of the surf camps are a week long. I would love to find a 1 or 2 option. I am open to any island.

Can anyone recommend a surf school that might be able to do a 1-2 day lesson?
    sounds like Waikiki is right for you.
    also by turtle bay (Kawela bay) there is a girls only longboard wave one or two ticks south.
    has a nice uncrowded beach.

[QUOTE=baddy trailerpark;313744]sounds like Waikiki is right for you.
    also by turtle bay (Kawela bay) there is a girls only longboard wave one or two ticks south.
    has a nice uncrowded beach.
    no parking though; walk in 1000 meters from the short park just south...

Ask for EMASS when you get there

Which side is better for end of September in Oahu? North or south beaches?