LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    But Everyone is always talking on here about sweating in the water. I've never sweated in the water. Sounds to me like macho stupidity and that their just lying. Sort of like people bragging about how it's not too bad in Minnesota when it's 30 below. Their trying to sound immune to the cold. They can "take" it.
    I'm no macho dude. I like to be warm when I'm in the water, but I was HOT this Saturday in a 5 mil and I was out for 2.5 hours. I'm not a fatso either - 5'10" 170ish. Air temps were in the 50s and very light winds along with pretty mushy waves, so not a lot of duckdiving. Maybe I'll be cold in a 4/3 and I'll wish I had the 5 mil. A lot depends on the air temps and wind.

You've stated that you have no cold tolerance. Obviously people differ and some have more cold tolerance than others. That's how some people can be hot and not lying about it with macho stupidity while you're shivering.

These forums are a good indicator of when the lineups are going to turn back into ****....i.e. when dumb stuff like this thread starts appearing.

Quite honestly, if you don't surf year round, I don't know what the hell you are "surfing". May through August are absolutely brutal, I don't consider surfing chest high at best south wind swells surfing, and outside of maybe 1 or 2 swells, that's what you are going to get. Is it hot surfing in February in a 5/4, no, it's ****ing February, but you are quite comfortable. Then again, if you are just floating out there as a liability like 1/2 of you morons due from April through October, then I guess it would be cold. God I hate the warm weather.

3. Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    #1 it's you're....you are....your indicates possession. 5th grade grammar.

Surfing(95% of world surfing population) is mainly a tropical activity or water temps above 50(southern to central cali to australia)

i don't surf. Check my profile. Lol

you do realize their are people that never even surf cold water right? People in florida complain when it's 55 degrees outside about how cold it is. I don't understand what being cold has to do with being "tough" or a "surfer" there's nothing "tough" about being cold and miserable. Do you ski killington nude in january to show how "core" you are. I hate being cold. When the snow starts falling....it's not time to surf. Get a snowboard or a pair of ski's and shred some pow. Haha for me anyway. If you can manage to truly be comfortable in january in the northeast than all the better to you mr. Polar bear, but all i can tell you is how i feel in those type of conditions.

When/if you shiver that is dangerous as it is the first sign of hypothermia. Never mind the fact that it is miserable. I've seen multiple people shivering/teeth chattering in the water saying how warm they are.
    "you are" a vagina

Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    These forums are a good indicator of when the lineups are going to turn back into ****....i.e. when dumb stuff like this thread starts appearing.

Quite honestly, if you don't surf year round, I don't know what the hell you are "surfing". May through August are absolutely brutal, I don't consider surfing chest high at best south wind swells surfing, and outside of maybe 1 or 2 swells, that's what you are going to get. Is it hot surfing in February in a 5/4, no, it's ****ing February, but you are quite comfortable. Then again, if you are just floating out there as a liability like 1/2 of you morons due from April through October, then I guess it would be cold. God I hate the warm weather.
    Every session it's getting a little more crowded, the past 5-6 months have been great

Chest high is a blast.

January is one of the flattest months of the year. The EC is not consistent and summers have brutally long flat spells. Tell me something I don't know. I think there were 2 chest high days the entire summer from memorial day to labor day last year. Kind of sucks. Wish we got more. Wrong coast.
    -----
    You sound like such a nice guy. Not bitter or anything. Real surfer spirit.

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Real surfer spirit? Entitled at your homebreak, and completely intolerant of speed bumps such as yourself, sounds like I have the a-typical surfer spirit.

Stick to tubing on the bunny slopes, get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Wrong coast.
    I disagree, i think it's more wrong attitude. This coast is just fine if you can surf year round. There is equipment available for literally every condition thrown your way, if you don't have the right stuff, save up some money so you can surf year round, that's the only way your going to get consistent waves most of the year and be able to endure long flat spells in the summer without caring.

Images
    wow- this is all about a 4/3???

To answer the original question- yes- its perfect 4/3 weather - specially with the warm air.

I have been in my 4/3 for a few weeks now

ding ding ding ding..... 4/3 should be fine this weekend. I'd bring the 5 mil in case you get chilly

Real surfer spirit? Entitled at your homebreak, and completely intolerant of speed bumps such as yourself, sounds like I have the a-typical surfer spirit.

Stick to tubing on the bunny slopes, get off my lawn.
    No I mean care free and enjoying yourself.

You're an asshole that takes himself too seriously. Dime a dozen unfortunately.

How much money did you make surfing last year or magazines/videos were you you feature in? Oh yeah that's right you're sitting at your office computer showing how cool you are and trying to avoid the mid life crisis. Get over your idea that you're better than everyone else. Lose the ego. You ride a plank in the water. Seriously dude. Get over it. Even if you were a pro surfer, I'd still say you're an ass!
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Apr 17, 2013 at 06:40 PM.