LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 86
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Out on the island
    Posts
    379
    [QUOTE=SkegLegs;162170]Real surfer spirit? Entitled at your homebreak, and completely intolerant of speed bumps such as yourself, sounds like I have the a-typical surfer spirit.

    Sad but true.

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I disagree, i think it's more wrong attitude. This coast is just fine if you can surf year round. There is equipment available for literally every condition thrown your way, if you don't have the right stuff, save up some money so you can surf year round, that's the only way your going to get consistent waves most of the year and be able to endure long flat spells in the summer without caring.
    Dude you're obviously just a "homer". East coast sucks compared to west coast. It's one of the worst places in the world to surf. Let me ask you a simple question. Would you rather have the california forecast or the florida forecast for a month at your home break? There you go. Question answered. Reminds me of people trying to argue that east coast has as good of skiing as out west. Unless you love ice. Obviously just trying to back/represent your home area and not being honest. Also, florida is easily surfed year round. A little different up here. It's brutally cold no matter what type of gear you got. Water temps in low 30s and temps in the teens? I'm good. Give me a plane ticket to hawaii or pr. That being said I do have a blast riding this coast when it's on. As long as it's waist high I'm good to go. Just wish it was more consistent.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Apr 17, 2013 at 06:29 PM.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Out on the island
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Dude you're obviously just a "homer". East coast sucks compared to west coast. It's one of the worst places in the world to surf. Let me ask you a simple question. Would you rather have the california forecast or the florida forecast for a month at your home break? There you go. Question answered. Reminds me of people trying to argue that east coast has as good of skiing as out west. Unless you love ice. Obviously just trying to back/represent your home area and not being honest. Also, florida is easily surfed year round. A little different up here. It's brutally cold no matter what type of gear you got. Water temps in low 30s and temps in the teens? I'm good. Give me a plane ticket to hawaii or pr. That being said I do have a blast riding this coast when it's on. As long as it's waist high I'm good to go. Just wish it was more consistent.
    you're obviously just "unhappy"

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,082
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Dude you're obviously just a "homer". East coast sucks compared to west coast. It's one of the worst places in the world to surf. Let me ask you a simple question. Would you rather have the california forecast or the florida forecast for a month at your home break? There you go. Question answered. Reminds me of people trying to argue that east coast has as good of skiing as out west. Unless you love ice. Obviously just trying to back/represent your home area and not being honest. Also, florida is easily surfed year round. A little different up here. It's brutally cold no matter what type of gear you got. Water temps in low 30s and temps in the teens? I'm good. Give me a plane ticket to hawaii or pr. That being said I do have a blast riding this coast when it's on. As long as it's waist high I'm good to go. Just wish it was more consistent.
    Both coasts have their advantages / disadvantages. There's more to it than just wave forecast IMO. You gotta consider water quality, temps, crowds, accessiblity, sharks, etc., but as far as surfing year round in Florida, well, you are right that it's not quite like surfing in the N.E. during the winter, but I will say that when the air drops into the 30's and the water in the 50's (yes it gets that cold here at times) i'm still out there in my 3/2 for 3-5hrs, so it's w/e man, if I were in Maine i'd still find a way to get out. It's a matter of desire is what i'm getting at here. If you don't have the desire to get in the water in the winter, than that's on you. The rest of us will surf year round, and will be tired come summer time, so you can have the beach all to yourself, along with a thousand of your closest friends...
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Apr 17, 2013 at 07:25 PM.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Both coasts have their advantages / disadvantages. There's more to it than just wave forecast IMO. You gotta consider water quality, temps, crowds, accessiblity, sharks, etc., but as far as surfing year round in Florida, well, you are right that it's not quite like surfing in the N.E. during the winter, but I will say that when the air drops into the 30's and the water in the 50's (yes it gets that cold here at time) i'm still out there in my 3/2 for 3-5hrs, so it's w/e man, if I were in Maine i'd still find a way to get out. It's a matter of desire is what i'm getting at here. If you don't have the desire to get in the water in the winter, than that's on you. The rest of us will surf year round, and will be tired come summer time, so you can have the beach all to yourself, along with a thousand of your closest friends...
    Florida vs Southern California

    On shore wind 95% of time ---- offshore almost every morning
    Shark attacks common (mostly black tips) --- Shark attacks VERY rare(southernCA)
    Coast to coast sandbar can't handle large waves well------ World class point breaks/variety
    Chest high plus waves are rare any time of year---- Chest high waves can last weeks at time

    Crowds are similar. Completely packed zoo at some spots in Cali, but you can always find places to be alone.

    The florida shark attacks are really out on control. Over 235 attacks in one county alone They badly need to cull some of the sharks and reduce their numbers. People come before fish. I don't care what the eco-shark nuts say. We fish every other fish.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Apr 17, 2013 at 07:38 PM.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,082
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Florida vs Southern California

    On shore wind 95% of time ---- offshore almost every morning
    Shark attacks common (mostly black tips) --- Shark attacks VERY rare(southernCA)
    Coast to coast sandbar can't handle large waves well------ World class point breaks/variety
    Chest high plus waves are rare any time of year---- Chest high waves can last weeks at time

    Crowds are similar. Completely packed zoo at some spots in Cali, but you can always find places to be alone.

    The florida shark attacks are really out on control. Over 235 attacks in one county alone They badly need to cull some of the sharks and reduce their numbers. People come before fish. I don't care what the eco-shark nuts say. We fish every other fish.
    95% onshore? HAHA OK, that's not factual, Sharks? 235 "attacks" sure does sound bad huh, what you don't know is that most of those are nothing more than a couple stitches or in some cases nothing more than a minor cut / puncture, so that's very misleading, when's the last fatality? I'll be waiting... As for "handling" the swells, idk about you, but the spots I go to can handle more swell than I personally can handle so not complaining here, i'm not padding into anything over 10ft and neither are you, so let's call that a moot point. Around here, chest high waves are NOT rare, unless you surf some POS break. And lastly, i'm almost 100% certain the crowds around here are not even close to that of the popular breaks in S. Cal, I can find a peak to myself almost anywhere I go, sometimes i'll join the crowd of about 5-10 people, but that's about as bad as it gets for me.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    95% onshore? HAHA OK, that's not factual, Sharks? 235 "attacks" sure does sound bad huh, what you don't know is that most of those are nothing more than a couple stitches or in some cases nothing more than a minor cut / puncture, so that's very misleading, when's the last fatality? I'll be waiting... As for "handling" the swells, idk about you, but the spots I go to can handle more swell than I personally can handle so not complaining here, i'm not padding into anything over 10ft and neither are you, so let's call that a moot point. Around here, chest high waves are NOT rare, unless you surf some POS break. And lastly, i'm almost 100% certain the crowds around here are not even close to that of the popular breaks in S. Cal, I can find a peak to myself almost anywhere I go, sometimes i'll join the crowd of about 5-10 people, but that's about as bad as it gets for me.
    They had a fatality with a windsurfer recently. feb 2010. Bull shark attack. Bull sharks are not even close to being endangered and should be culled to cut down risk for people. Also, what's called a "minor" shark attack just means they didn't lose the limb. Sometimes it's just a few stitches, but still a horrific bite can happen. It's all relative. Most attacks in FL are mostly blacktips. FL isn't nearly as dangerous as Australia/south africa/northern Ca obviously. When a bull gets involved that's when it gets serious relatively speaking for Florida.

    Maybe you stop at 10 feet, but I paddle into 50 foot mavericks with a skim board.
    Not complaining about wave size here either, but you can't compare swell consistency between fl and ca. Just check the surf cams and buoys. It's not even close dude. It's like comparing average snowfall between buffalo, ny and washington d.c.

    Lows go west to east across the ocean. We are on the wrong side of the Atlantic for swell generation.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Apr 17, 2013 at 08:29 PM.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    the florida shark attacks are really out on control. Over 235 attacks in one county alone They badly need to cull some of the sharks and reduce their numbers. People come before fish. I don't care what the eco-shark nuts say. We fish every other fish.
    ok i know im just contributing to the derailing of this thread, but are you serious? people don't belong in the ocean, sharks do. be happy there aren't more attacks because it's really just us invading their domain. we **** everything up for them, and every time there's an "attack" it instantly becomes the shark's fault. no shark sees a human and thinks, "hmm, a person. i think i'm going to ruin their day..."

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by surf05 View Post
    ok i know im just contributing to the derailing of this thread, but are you serious? people don't belong in the ocean, sharks do. be happy there aren't more attacks because it's really just us invading their domain. we **** everything up for them, and every time there's an "attack" it instantly becomes the shark's fault.
    Actually we have every right to be in the ocean and enjoy ourselves. I'm for preserving nature FOR people. Not from people.

    I remember reading some lunatic talking on another forum about how people should be banned from entering the ocean since it "belongs" to the sharks or it's their "home."

    It's a stupid fish bro.

    LMAO at this lunatic propoganda. I guess we should stay out of the woods and everywhere else on earth. Typical human-hating shark-loving nut. I guess we should not fish either right? Since we are invading the tuna's domain? haha What a joke.

    LETS BE CAREFUL TO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING IN THE WILD. F that bull****. Typical modern lunatic fringe conservationist B.S.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Apr 17, 2013 at 08:52 PM.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by surf05 View Post
    "hmm, a person. i think i'm going to ruin their day..."
    Their not thinking at all. Their reacting to a food instinct. Sort of like a lure attracts a fish. They are a simple organism. Their not a mammal and not capable of learning the way a mammal is.