LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What is a Kook?

i like kooking food

This whole Kook thing is stupid, who cares..to me as long as you respect the line up and not be a asshole you will be fine. The only confrontation i have seen is when people dont respect the line up and alot of people need to grow up on this site..2 many people quick enough to throw words out but i sure 80% would not back it up.

Images
    ICEYBEATZJOSH

end of story
    ________
    vaporizer reviews
    Last edited by SkySurfnSnow; Jan 24, 2011 at 10:55 AM.

If you own a surfboard or a bodyboard, go out to have a good time and do your best to respect the other surfers around you. Is there really a need for names?

I don't care if the person paddles out on a carbon fibre surfboard for the first time ever to learn. The fact that even though judgemental eyes will be all over them, they are still out there to learn what we all know and love makes them tops in my book.

Would you buy a rash guard that said kook on it? If you take away the insult, does it pack the same punch? I think not...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyP View Post
    If you paddle out somewhere not familiar to you, and try to sit on the peak, when it is apparent that everyone in the lineup knows each other. Your a kook

If you dont think you have to put your time in at a spot to get respect, your a kook.

If you ride a surfboard and think you are superior to someone who rides a bodyboard...your a kook
    According to Aguaholic's definition you're a kook

Quote Originally Posted by steelwave42 View Post
    Agreed 100% bb.rider.

Thanks for saying that for all of us who call the coast home. All this spring/summer deuchebaggery is pissing me off. I migrated down here 5 years ago, and while I may travel, I'll always lay in the flatlands near the waves, here, there, or anywhere. But here is where I call home, and plan to forever. I live simple and quietly as any real waverider does.

This ain't a status thing. You can play dress up at home.

This **** is about dedication, gratitude and commitment, if you don't have those 3 things you don't deserve what we have. With them you'll gain pleasure and pain, but those who use the ocean like a junk filled tool deserve neither. Grow up. And do it fast. Come with respect or don't come at all...

Bottom line on the kook thing is that a kook is someone who goes where they don't belong without bringing humility and respect. If you want to ride waves for fun, when it's convenient for you, then fine, but shut up, don't talk **** to those who grew up here. Unless your born where you can hear the waves at you window, you'll have to sometime or another.

AND, If you don't like the town then why do you come? While the tourism drives me mad, the locals I've met are really great people, with far less of a cynical, judgemental mindstate as the ones on the other side of the bay bridge whom I grew up with. I hate to see people with no depth get turned onto such a gift. It should be earned and appreciated.

Say what you will, but I love this strange strip of coastline, and I'd rather not see spoiled brats come and act like they are king ****, when they are nothing but a fade in the foreground of our currently unfocused shot.

While I come from where many of you do, I did not come for your reasons. Go to burgerking and drive around the parking lot awhile.

The waves here suck anyway.
    Well said... Couldn't agree more

Images
    kooks that have myspace pages are kooks!

I show up drinking coffee and stoked to surf even when it is small sometimes. Guess Im a kook even though I have surfed against corey lopez and ben b.

A kook is simply someone trying to be something they arent and never progresses. The dude who is at a popular bar talking to his buddy about how the waves were pumping and got some sick pit when you know damn well it was flat. Thing is they usually walk out of the place with a hot chick because they cant tell a surfer from a kook. Makes one think buts a whole different topic.

the administrator is a kook