LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prudds View Post
    rcarter i really thought this was bjshredmachine
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZjVpOYOre4
    Holy S, that is classic ShredMachine!

Shot of whiskey with a Sierra chaser.

Nice quote from Still Life too... that is definitely my favorite book of all time. Cowgirls makes the top 5 too...

torpedo from sierra is one of my favorite IPAs, along with 90 min DFH.
    The only disadvantage of living in Nica, no good craft beer. Tona is a great for a post session brew, cold and refreshing, but thats about it.
    I have some malt, yeast and hops on the way down tho, about to start myself a little homebrew operation.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    DogFishHead 90 minute

got to try me one of them.
    The torpedo is so good and smooth. I've been eyeing this Dogfish 120 minute in my local store. So expensive.

depends if we are talking wintertime I go with an IPA in my hot tub right after getting out of the frigid water. summertime I go with a lighter beer. same hot tub session though

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Since the temperance movement is trying to get body boarders to stand on two feet, which if youíve walked in flippers seems an odd task to me, perhaps this is the place to ask:

What's the best post surf drink?

So many to choose from, but one stands out from the rest and in my mindís eye its blue bottle conjures up images of Cabo and the Pacific waters that match its color.

Tequila Corralejo Reposado.
    Lick the salt off your lady's still wet bod, suck a lime and slam a shot.

Goes down smooth, follow it up with an ice cold Mexican beer with a lime floating in the bottle. Warms you to the core and sends a shiver down your spine. Oh tequila's gotten me in trouble before, but as a dog returneth to its own vomit I go back for more.

Now tequila may be the favored beverage of outlaws, but that doesn't mean it gives them preferential treatment. In fact, tequila has probably betrayed as many outlaws as has the central nervous system and dissatisfied wives. Tequila, scorpian honey, harsh dew of the doglands, essence of the Aztec, crema de cacti; tequila, oily and thermal like the sun in solution; tequila, liquid geometry of passion; Tequila, the buzzard god who copulates in midair with the ascending souls of dying virgins; tequila, firebug in the house of good taste; O tequila, savage water of sorcery, what confusion and mischief your sly, rebellious drops do generate.
    ~Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Quote Originally Posted by prudds View Post
    rcarter i really thought this was bjshredmachine
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZjVpOYOre4
    Yep I think that is his most recent vid. The one I had was back when he first started benchin!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbug View Post
    Ice cold $1 Bintang, from where it's made.
    If you know, you know.
    chope - ice cold by definition - from where it's made.
    If you know, you know.

[QUOTE=Koki Barrels;162446]DogFishHead 90 minute

Oh yeah. One helluva brew. Nice kick, too, for the finishing touch on a great day.

Cigar City IPA. Jai Lai or Tocobaga.

short story about the best after-surf drink I ever had:

many years ago before kids and mortgage. camping at playa naranjo for 3 weeks in the rainy season. out of food, out of coffee, out of weed, out of tobacco. all the things that keep you comfy. nothing left but warm water, rice, cans of tuna, corn flakes.. surfing two long sessions a day and the long walk back and forth... so one hot, wet afternoon after a marathon session, finally make it back to the campsite and there's these brahs from santa cruz.. two guys and their dad. they've got a cooler with beers (ON ICE). COLD. first cold thing I'd had in 3 weeks. first beer in 3 weeks. I'll never forget that beer. of all the crafty shmafty, IPA hoptastics and imported gugenheimersteins, I don't imagine I'll ever have a better beer than what came out of that ice cold can on that summer day when I was a kid. cheers.