LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I love how it only takes 5 posts for it to turn into a bench off. God I love da shredmachine!

I am a firm believer that Roy Stewarts surfboards are worth every penny. If I had the money I would have one of each of them.

YouTube has endless video's of his boards in action. How can you argue with video evidence?

I would say that Roy's designs are proven over many ages to work for what they are designed for and think he gets a lot of undeserved crap about the performance of his craft compared to modern boards (hey they are not 5'10" thrusters afterall) but as for the price, ummmm I know an artist work is very hard to value ( I am a musician) but half a million plus for a surfboard is insane regardless.

Every one is entitled to there opinion. Some might say a Rolex, Bently, or famous painting is over priced. I't is art work. So price is not determined by labor and cost of material. Who else makes boards like Roy? You can't buy them at the local surf shop. There hand crafted by a master shaper/builder.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    I would say that Roy's designs are proven over many ages to work for what they are designed for and think he gets a lot of undeserved crap about the performance of his craft compared to modern boards (hey they are not 5'10" thrusters afterall) but as for the price, ummmm I know an artist work is very hard to value ( I am a musician) but half a million plus for a surfboard is insane regardless.
    the more Roy comes down in price, the more my compliments of his boards will increase. as of now, 1 million bucks for a board..... a water filled garbage bag is better than his board.

If you we're a multi millionaire would you buy one?

What would you feel comfortable paying for one of his boards if the list price is to high?

I couldn't see paying more than $5k. But, like you, I would build one loooooooong before I ever bought one.

A nice rocker and fin shot

7 inches of rocker and a 11.25" d fin.
    Attached Images Attached Images