LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
    Every one is entitled to there opinion. Some might say a Rolex, Bently, or famous painting is over priced. I't is art work. So price is not determined by labor and cost of material. Who else makes boards like Roy? You can't buy them at the local surf shop. There hand crafted by a master shaper/builder.
    Who else makes boards like Roy? You do brother!

Your to gracious, but thanks!

If you we're a multi millionaire would you buy one?
    I probably would never buy one being it doesnt tickle my surf fancy... but.... Im not blind to craftsmanship and artistic creations.... I would put the price around 2 to 5k at the absolute most.

Hand made in Charleston South Carolina!

Hand made in Charleston South Carolina!
    Fockin a! The best boards in the world come from Charleston. I think it is pretty awesome that you made that. Get some videos of it in real east coast surf. Roy seems to think his boards are super fast and turn with ease, but I only see him ride in clean chest high surf. I tried to explain how rare that is here in the low country. Hell, I was out yesterday trying to make the best out of another knee high chop day.

First and foremost, you built a beautiful board!

That being said, hell no I wouldn't pay $1M just because I had it. That's a terrible way to think about it and it's exactly how he market's it. The cost of something shouldn't go up because you buyer has more $. Unless he's an idiot...
    To the point of all the Youtube videos of "proven performance." Most (here anyway) don't see them as great "performers."
    Did you see Kelly in New York on that CI Fred Rubble? I'll sell you one for $5M

If you we're a multi millionaire would you buy one?

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    First and foremost, you built a beautiful board!

That being said, hell no I wouldn't pay $1M just because I had it. That's a terrible way to think about it and it's exactly how he market's it. The cost of something shouldn't go up because you buyer has more $. Unless he's an idiot...
    To the point of all the Youtube videos of "proven performance." Most (here anyway) don't see them as great "performers."
    Did you see Kelly in New York on that CI Fred Rubble? I'll sell you one for $5M
    I think he was being facetious.

Thank you both for your compliments!

They perform very well for there intended function. They are clearly not designed for tricks.

So does my toilet

They perform very well for there intended function. They are clearly not designed for tricks.