LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Oh boy ... he's spawning...
    I'm sorry, but I think Steve is Roy using a troll account. Look at the first blurb quoted by Yankee, eerily similar to the way Roy speaks; posts wrought w/ intentional mispelllings, "Stewart", misuse of "there", etc., idk, maybe I'm just paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I'm sorry, but I think Steve is Roy using a troll account. Look at the first blurb quoted by Yankee, eerily similar to the way Roy speaks; posts wrought w/ intentional mispelllings, "Stewart", misuse of "there", etc., idk, maybe I'm just paranoid.
    I'm giving the dude the benefit of the doubt, especially since some others might get a swing on that bad boy. Hell, I'll drive down to Chucktown to ride it.

Steve: I might be down there sometime late May/early June and would love to at least check the thing out in person. Love your choice of using Cedar, although I might have gone Eastern even though the Western will bond with the epoxy better.

When you say "4 Layer," do you mean you cold molded it?
    Last edited by Erock; Apr 19, 2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: no me espello der wurds

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I'm giving the dude the benefit of the doubt, especially since some others might get a swing on that bad boy. Hell, I'll drive down to Chucktown to ride it.
    I'll suspend disbelief once one of you guys down south can confirm.

Images
    Steve, I'm planning on going to the pier on the east side Saturday morning, you coming? I'll bring the coffee.

Holy crap. What was I thinking? I totally missed that. You're right, I do think that you've outed the Roy Troll. That's a good piece of sleuth work, Seen.

Roy's new marketing gambit: create a bogus profile to pose as a woodsman-shaper who is a fan of Roy's own 'art' when, in reality, Roy's boards have a marked propensity to transform into beach bonfire kindling supply.

Bring that arty chunk of wood out to AI tomorrow, Roy / Steve. Come out, come out, whoever you are.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Holy crap. What was I thinking? I totally missed that. You're right, I do think that you've outed the Roy Troll. That's a good piece of sleuth work, Seen.

Roy's new marketing gambit: create a bogus profile to pose as a woodsman-shaper who is a fan of Roy's own 'art' when, in reality, Roy's boards have a marked propensity to transform into beach bonfire kindling supply.

Bring that arty chunk of wood out to AI tomorrow, Roy / Steve. Come out, come out, whoever you are.
    It just seemed too fishy to me, especially now that Roy came out of hiding for the Boston thread...and then for such a big fan of Roy to get his last name wrong, make the Rolex/bentley analogy, state that Roy's prices were fair...again, I may just be paranoid, but i had to throw it out there. Or your assessment of him spawning is the truth...maybe Roy's like a gremlin, if he get's wet after midnight maybe he spawns.

Didn't take long for this thread to take off. This is all just one big troll job

Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
    Every one is entitled to there opinion. Some might say a Rolex, Bently, or famous painting is over priced. I't is art work. So price is not determined by labor and cost of material. Who else makes boards like Roy? You can't buy them at the local surf shop. There hand crafted by a master shaper/builder.
    Looks like you made one like roy, for about $700 bucks. They are pretty, and may surf ok for a 100lb of tree trunk, but the bottom line is this: You can't just call something art and stick a million dollar price tag on it.

As for the video evidence of his boards in action, there are thousands to match of people shredding similar waves on shortboards, long boards, foam boards, alaias, etc etc. If you can surf, you can surf.

You did good work, but no need to take it too far calling roy a surfing Picasso.

I don't know, man. If he is trollin, he did a good job finding a place to match the low country scenery. That pic looks like James island.

I don't think this is Roy using a fake screen name.... I mean he freely admitted to us that it cost him roughly $700 to create this Roy knock off.