LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Not familiar w/ SC scenery, definitely didn't look like NZ to me, but it was just too weird.

Closeouts.. which I was making far better ( as is usual) than any other boards out there.

The wave in the picture at the front of the video I made, the video transition obscured this fact. I can post the whole ride if you like.

Thanks for posting more pics, the cedar colour looks very nice.

Thanks Roy,
    It's beautiful in the light.
    I think this thread would benefit from more ride videos of your Earl in action. Since I have no video footage yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
    Thanks Roy,
    It's beautiful in the light.
    I think this thread would benefit from more ride videos of your Earl in action. Since I have no video footage yet.
    Just 2 requests from the viewing audience...

Could you include the video of the clown who paid $500k for the Roy board?

And could you include the video of the beach bbq fueled by the Roy board that turned into kindling in Cali?

Perfect.

Why so much hostility towards Roy? Is it because he is an eccentric? Is it because his boards cost a million dollars? Common we're all surfers here right? We love the ocean and the earth. Let it be.

Why so much hostility towards Roy? Is it because he is an eccentric? Is it because his boards cost a million dollars? Common we're all surfers here right? We love the ocean and the earth. Let it be.
    Did the New Zealand Travelocity Gnome pay you to write that endorsement?

I tend to think of this build as a form of entertainment for myself . It's a way for me to forget about work and my wife b....... at me. I don't know if I like to build or surf more. Every night building surfboards is the last thing I think about before I go to bed and its the first thing I think about when I wake up. I constantly think about the next step. Then next design for the board. I think about building surfboards every day. And when the weather gets nice it seems like everyone wants a custom board. But they haven't researched wood species, glue or epoxy, parallel profile, hollow wood stringer or chambered. They don't have a wood shop in there 2nd bedroom. They haven't smelled fresh cut eastern red cedar. But they ask to ride the board......and I think ...........yeah I will let you have a ride .....because I don't care if you crash it on the rocks or rip the the fin off when you run aground on a sandbar. It's all about the stoke. And I think a surfboards only purpose is to deliver that feeling. And I think shapers in this forum should be generous in sharing it. After I surf the board I made I'm going to leave it with my friend for a few weeks. I hope he loves it as much as I do. And if the board breaks up in the surf....I hope he had one good ride in.

People often hate that which they don't understand, and they feel more secure when they are part of a group... especially when that group is united against some kind of enemy.

It's pretty retarded but there it is

Oh we'll at least we're blessed enough to make some spectacular surfboards to surf on.

Is he donating that $1mil profit to help protect the ocean and earth? My guess is no. Roy loves filling his pockets with idiot tax money. You will never get respect from other surfers doing that. I have no problem with the boards themselves. They look good and seem to surf well if you just want to cruise straight or ride a board like an SUP. The boards aren't the issue, it is the person who makes them. I would rather buy an ugly plastic board from a shaper who is a good person, than buy an attractive wood board from a shaper that is a greedy arsehole.