Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 248
  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post

    I have no idea where you got that figure from, but the price is determined by factors other than materials plus normal labour costs.

    .
    Like what? what else is there beside labor, material and skill? do you add magic? I guess you have to if you want your board to actually work. lol.

  2. #92
    Roy, you would probably have a very good business if you priced these boards 10 to 20% over what it costs to produce them. I would guess you could sell them a bit higher... maybe $2,000.00 and I bet you would sell 10 to 20 a year. Instead you don't sell any boards and make, probably, peanuts.

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post



    do you add magic?

    Yes we do.

  4. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post

    Roy, you would probably have a very good business if you priced these boards 10 to 20% over what it costs to produce them. I would guess you could sell them a bit higher... maybe $2,000.00 and I bet you would sell 10 to 20 a year. Instead you don't sell any boards and make, probably, peanuts.
    Surfboards are not our only line, we do a good trade in plans, kitsets, blanks, wax, and sunblock.

    I do not wish to make 20 surfboards a year, and if I want your advice you'll be the first to know.

    Cheers.

  5. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post

    Like what? what else is there beside labor, material and skill?

    Cups of tea.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Surfboards are not our only line, we do a good trade in plans, kitsets, blanks, wax, and sunblock.
    Cheers.
    Word on the street is that sunblock is bad for you.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    8,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    A few communists on this thread I see!
    Speaking from experience, there, RoyToy?

    New Zealand is about as Socialist as they roll.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    8,151
    Another hallmark of the classic scammer: he's got it all figured out, 'cause he knows something the rest of the human race isn't privy to. And that makes him special. And that makes his offering special. And goobers fall in line like mesmerized, brainwashed asshats in order to shell out their valuable money for the mysterious special sauce.

    And that's how you get Madoff, and MF Global, and politicians & Roy Stuart.

    Stuart's just another in a long line of scammin' slammers, and there's plenty of 'em from his home isle of NZ.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Charleston ,sc
    Posts
    152
    I posted an estimated $700 for materials.
    I built the board over a three month period. However I believe I have (roughly) 160 hours in labor.
    So if my labor rate was $25 an hour and I included materials the price tag would be 4,700.

    If my labor rate was $15 dollars an hour and I included materials the price tag would be 3,100.

    Since this board was built by an "average joe" (myself), what would the price be...........?

    I felt this would be a good question to the forum readers.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    3,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
    I posted an estimated $700 for materials.
    I built the board over a three month period. However I believe I have (roughly) 160 hours in labor.
    So if my labor rate was $25 an hour and I included materials the price tag would be 4,700.

    If my labor rate was $15 dollars an hour and I included materials the price tag would be 3,100.

    Since this board was built by an "average joe" (myself), what would the price be...........?

    I felt this would be a good question to the forum readers.
    If you asked $5000 for the board, I would not fault you for that. If you asked for $7000, I would think that is a little steep but still would not give you a hard time. If you asked for $1.5 million, I would tell you to speak to a therapist.