LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post

My name carries no fame. However I am a wood surfboard builder. I have been doing it for years. I cannot claim I've made a hundred surfboards but I don't need to have a certain number of completed builds to call myself a shaper. I have nearly 100 pictures documenting the build process. The complexity of building a surfboard of this design is more complicated than shaping a foam board. There are numerous more steps involved.

So after building a surfboard like this I can't hold the title of shaper? Ha Ha Ha Ha
    Ask your standard shaper to build you one of these.

What these fellows are doing we call 'tall poppy lopping'.

They have a set of prescribed beliefs the adoption of which gives them a sense of identity, and they rabidly censure dissenters and free thinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post

They have a set of prescribed beliefs the adoption of which gives them a sense of identity, and they rabidly censure dissenters and free thinkers.

wow roy thats actually pretty accurate man. definitely an opinion more elegant and well shaped than your surfboards

No, we like this guy and what he does. You are nothing like him, and you certainly are not a free thinker.

Hundreds....
    What? You've sold hundreds of these 1.x million dollar boards???

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    No, we like this guy and what he does. You are nothing like him, and you certainly are not a free thinker.
    Absolutely correct. Nailed it, Brewengineer.

BTW, didn't the orange freak get banned from Swaylock's for similar nutso de facto stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    ], and you certainly are not a free thinker.
    I make the most unusual surfboards on the planet, that came from thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post

BTW, didn't the orange freak get banned from Swaylock's for similar nutso de facto stuff?

If you are referring to myself then yes I was banned from Swaylocks for posting surfboard related material similar to what I have posted here.

The opinions were considered to be too heretical to allow. The site owner said that I had broken no rules but that my opinions were upsetting the core members.

I bet for a million bucks they let you back on

Today the last coat of epoxy goes on the bottom. This will complete the build after it cures. It seems like only yesterday I was picking out cedar boards from the lumber store. The next project will be a coffee table for the wife but after that who knows.......maybe another longboard or a fish or minni Simmons ....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
    Today the last coat of epoxy goes on the bottom. This will complete the build after it cures. It seems like only yesterday I was picking out cedar boards from the lumber store. The next project will be a coffee table for the wife but after that who knows.......maybe another longboard or a fish or minni Simmons ....
    Keep posting pictures of your boards!